Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Car seat and ERF question!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:21 PM
  • 4 Replies

My DD is 21 months, between 20-25 pounds, and I don't know her height for sure but she is pretty petite. I currently have her in an Evenflo Titan 5 (it RF's until 35 pounds) which we got from our local Safe kids car seat program. I have been rear facing her and I want to keep doing so. She is on the last harness slot and I have been researching car seats that she can continue to rear face.

I have read a lot about the Graco My Ride and think it sounds pretty good. It is a little pricey for me. I'm a single momma so every dollar counts, right? My worry is since it is so pricey will she be able to use it for a long time? I'm pretty sure she will but I want some advice from some other mommas. Are there any other seats comparable to this car seat that maybe cost a little less? Just looking for some options here!

Thanks so much!!

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
dosthepost
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:24 PM

Yes, as long as she doesn't outgrow the height requirement... which, from what I hear, doesn't happen often. It's worth the price, that much is for sure.

cowgirlsmommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2010 at 10:54 AM

It should definitely last her awhile.  Also, Babies R Us takes competitor coupons so when you're ready to buy, you can always take a 20% bed bath and beyond coupon in there to get a nice discount.

peanutsmommy1
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 10:57 AM

are the straps at or below her shoulders currently?

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jan. 19, 2010 at 11:46 AM

I answered this in the carseat group. Which, BTW, is the best place to post this...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)