Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

for those who this worked for.

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:34 PM
  • 9 Replies

first of all i dont want to hear u need to just wait or anything else to that nature becasue ive already decided that this is what i wanted to do and actually have already done it.

CASTROL OIL FOR INDUCTION

if it worked for you. how long after taking the castrol oil did u get the shits? how long after the shits did u start having contractions? how much castrol oil did you take?

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
tanya_marieh
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:36 PM

JUST MAKE SURE YOU DRINK ENOUGH WATER.  Sorry I capped it but that is one major risk of taking castor oil.  I don't know anything about castor oil for induction though so bump.

Jaimielee317
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:41 PM

it took me about an hour so maybe a little longer to get the shits, i tried to hold it lol just to get the contractions going. my contractions kept up for a few hours then died off. but I hope it works for you. How much did you take? I did 2 ounces with 3 ounces of orange juice!

deann66
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:43 PM

I didn't try this but a friend did. The baby passed its first stool in utero and ingested it or inhaled it or something. Anyway the baby was very sick and almost died.

psychmama
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:47 PM

I personally wouldn't. The risks are too great. Sorry, this probably doesn't help.

jabs54
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:11 PM

Everything I've read said not to take castor oil.  My dd's doctor told her to drink Rasp. Leaf Tea.  She drank it and did actually go into labor the next day.  Don't know if it was a coincidence or not ;) 

StephanieCD
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:15 PM

I just posted almost the same question in another group.  I was interested in castor oil but also asked about other natural ways of induction.  Somebody did say something about the baby pooping in utero and that it could be dangerous.  I am reconsidering the castor oil idea...might pick up some Rasp Leaf Tea tomorrow.

dosthepost
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Just a warning, when I was in labor the woman in the next room (incidentally, my husband's cousin), nearly lost her child and died b/c of that stuff... 

momoffive07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:20 PM

How far along are you? There are much safer ways of trying to help things along then this!!!!

Think about your baby first!!!!!

mommy1008
by Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:28 PM

Quoting psychmama:

I personally wouldn't. The risks are too great. Sorry, this probably doesn't help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)