Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some advice

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:54 PM
  • 4 Replies

I posted something the other day about this but didn't get many replies....I am stuck and don't know what to do and i need some advice badly my lil one is almost 9 months.....She does not like to sleep in her crib...Nap time rolls around I go to lay her down and bam she's awake and the immediate crying starts....I've tried leaving her in there and letting her cry it only makes it worse she will start screaming and then she has screamed and cried so hard that she pukes everywhere.....same thing at night for bed......I know part of it is my fault I let her sleep in the bed with us when she was littler....as of lately thats the only place she will really sleep... I can't do it anymore My husband and I want our bed back... I mean I know it doesn't help we share a room with her right now(living with my parents for a bit) but I really need some advice on how to get her to sleep in her own bed please!!!frustrated

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
RyansMommy6407
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:59 PM

have you tried sitting in the room w/ her until she falls asleep... maybe she's distressed when you leave?? Or does she scream even when you're in the room?

brownhairday1
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:03 PM

she screams even when i'm in the room

KristenFowles
by Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:06 PM

I was so afraid of this happening to my own children that from day ONE my children slept in their cribs.  I breast fed both, but did NOT co-sleep.. I WANTED to.. but I did not want to go through the hell that is getting them into their own beds..

Have you tried putting her in there with a bottle? I know your doctors will tell you not to, and it's bad for her gums.. etc etc.. but just until she gets used to sleeping alone?  And also, maybe sleep with her crib sheet the night before.. so that her crib smells like YOUR bed.. smells are incredibly comforting to babies..

Good luck! 

dragonmommyj
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Could she be teething?

The advice my pediatrician gave us was: when you put them down, make sure they are not quite asleep.  Then if they cry, let them cry for 5 minutes, go in and check on them quickly, help them settle down if you can, and then leave.  Go back in after 10 minutes of crying, and repeat with a quick visit.  Keep adding 5 minutes.  This way you keep checking on them, but letting them learn how to calm themselves too.  It will take a little while, but it is a really nice thing when they figure this out! 

Good Luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)