Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need advice mommies!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:38 PM
  • 9 Replies

So ladies im having a really hard time dealing with the fact that in 2 more months i have to go back to work and leave my 3 month old baby girl.  I get so sad thinking about this and i cry about it all the time.  I just dont want to leave her!  I was thinking i could possibly find a part time job and not go back to my full time job so i could spend more time with her.  I have talked to my dh about this and he thinks the best thing for me to do is go back to work to have enough money for my daughter and to move into a bigger house and so she can go to college and be paid for, and i undedrstand this and it makes sense but i just am so sad about leaving her.  I need some advice on what to do here.  It just hurts to know i have to leave her and not get to see her all day.  Thanks for taking the time to listen to me.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
JazzysWifey
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:57 PM

it is sooo hard to go back, nothing can change that. but is it possible for you to go back to your job part time (like half days) at first? it might make it easier on both of you. 

Daisypath - (QBBa)Lilypie - (TkJg)
Lilypie - (0XXH)
Carrie: I'm a BFing, co-sleeping, extended rear facing, baby wearing, vaccinating, non-CIO, working, college educated, military supporting, gay marriage supporting, foreign language teaching, open-minded Mama!!!!

kasonsmommy1114
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:59 PM

I feel you momma...i need advice to. i been crying all weekend my sons two months and i go back to work tmwr. :(

lillysmomma124
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:02 PM

what helps me is, the look on my girls faces when they seen me.. that is the best feeling ever knowing that they miss me.. it helps to think of it that way..

BaileynMe
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:37 PM

Do you live close enough to drive home on your lunch breaks? That made it a lot easier for me. I'd also call during my breaks to check on DD and see how she was doing. 

lovemybabys1106
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:39 PM

I cant help you because I am a SAHM but good luck.

toobigfrogs
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 3:06 PM

Read your post.  Bigger house or broken heart?

ILmommy77
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 8:51 PM

I know exactly what you are going through, I was in your shoes a few years ago. I went back to work and we were fine financially. BUT I missed my kids so much and I missed all of the baby firsts,  all of their school functions and activiites. Then about a year ago my hubby and I decided our family would be better off if I stayed home with the kids.  I now stay home and don't miss a thing, we still needed a second income so I work from home. But I make my own hours and I work around my family's schedule and it  is great. This is a tough decision, but you  need to do what is right for your family--good luck!

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 19, 2010 at 9:01 PM

The years I spent at home raising my children were some of the best of my life. But they were not without considerable sacrifice. Not just the money. We could only afford one car, no vacations, no meals out, second hand clothes. No pension for me,  loss of job skills, loss of credibility in the job market. We really scraped during those years. I had a big vegetable garden that helped. And I watched a neighbor's child a few days a week. We still managed to save enough for college.

nessy1980
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 9:05 PM

You gotta do whats best for you and your family. Do you want to miss all the firsts?Will you loose everything if you dont work?You can always work but you will never get the years you missed with your daughter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)