Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Great product for teething

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:45 PM
  • 5 Replies

I can't remember who makes it, but there's this thing that is in the shape of a pacifier that is great for teething.  Instead of the nipple part like on a pacifier there's a net where you can put ice in, it's a fine mesh so that the baby can suck on the ice for awhile, and if the baby is big enough they can hold it by themselves.  I use my dd's for teething, and I also used it to put fruits and veggies in when she was first starting on baby foods.  Since the mesh is so fine they're able to basically just mush the food up and suck it through the holes.  I got mine from my local groccery store.  I know the brand name starts w/ an M...mami or something similar to that.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
funmommy123
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:48 PM

hmmmmm.....Wish I would've heard about that when my son was teething. Because I would buy him teething rings etc...and it did not work for him at all. So finally I just got one of his clean sock and put an ice cube it it , tied it up, and gave it him. He was happy then til the ice was gone lol.

LilahandElliot
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:59 PM

We have several, they sell them at walmart for pretty cheap.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11974153

Quoting kstanley_86:

I can't remember who makes it, but there's this thing that is in the shape of a pacifier that is great for teething.  Instead of the nipple part like on a pacifier there's a net where you can put ice in, it's a fine mesh so that the baby can suck on the ice for awhile, and if the baby is big enough they can hold it by themselves.  I use my dd's for teething, and I also used it to put fruits and veggies in when she was first starting on baby foods.  Since the mesh is so fine they're able to basically just mush the food up and suck it through the holes.  I got mine from my local groccery store.  I know the brand name starts w/ an M...mami or something similar to that.

I'm Aubree (or Bree), I'm a 21 year old, formula feeding, non-circumcising,  non-vaccinating, occasionally co-sleeping, disposable diapering, spanking when needed, forward faced at 1, brutally honest, thinks children can call their step-parent "mommy" or "daddy" if that's what they choose, wife to Andy since 04/07, mommy to Delilah Renee since 12/07, Mommy to Elliot Jay since 08/09, and step-mommy to Brookelyn Lucille (born 09/05).

mamakenzi
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:59 PM

I haven't heard of a pacifer like that but I have a mesh holder that I got at Babies R Us and it's made by Sassy.

inay522
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:05 PM

Awesome!!!

Kydins.Mommy
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:09 PM

i got mesh feeders for kydin when he 1st started eatting food and i would put fruit in them and he would chew on them. also i got massaging type binki that is specially made for teething. also my son wouldnt chew on the teethers if they was frozen they had to be room temp. but now he dc if they are frozen or not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)