Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dishwasher question, silly i know but I still need an answer

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:17 PM
  • 29 Replies

Lately my dishes have a film of dishwasher soap on them. I've pretty much always have walmart brand of dishwasher detergent. It's been fine up until now. Am I useing to much, do I need to clean the dishwasher out, or switch brands? I'm fed up with washing my dishes after my dishwasher washes.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AMarineLovesMe
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Are you also using Jet Dry?  I use the cascade all in one packs and they are awesome!!

lovinmyboys...
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:21 PM

You may want to use some vinegar in a rinse cycle to clean out your dishwasher and then try a different brand of detergent to see if that helps.

deann66
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:22 PM

do you use a rinse aid? If you don't want to buy actual rinse aid white vinegar works....I think even better the jet dry.

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:23 PM

I agree. That's what we use. No chemicals, it helps kill odours or bacteria that may be in there and it leaves my dishes shiny.

I use an all natural detergent called Attitude in my dishwasher...

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

You may want to use some vinegar in a rinse cycle to clean out your dishwasher and then try a different brand of detergent to see if that helps.

I am a Canadian,breastfeeding (it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond), co sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, homemade baby food making, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!) recycling mama to TWO and one one the way! My husband is my equal and best friend, not my master and I believe basic health care should be a human RIGHT, not a privilege.

no-drama-momma
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:24 PM

Have you cleaned the filter out lately?  Mine does that when the filter gets yucky.

COME CHECK OUT MY GROUPS!  
http://www.cafemom.com/group/anything-and-everything 
http://www.cafemom.com/group/food_network  
                                              happy new year 2010

rhismom41
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:25 PM

Quoting AMarineLovesMe:

Are you also using Jet Dry?  I use the cascade all in one packs and they are awesome!!

Never have used jet dry. What exactly does it do for your dishes?

Kydins.Mommy
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:27 PM

i would say u need to run a cleaner thru ur dishwasher to make sure that when its spraying the water up  on the dishes that the holes where the water comes out aint clogged

deann66
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:29 PM

It what rinses them. Without it you get the film. Its from the hard water and soap residue. Like I said, Vinegar works too. I think it works better.

MrsRobinson06
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2010 at 8:22 PM

I'm having the same issue! To use vinegar what would I do? Pour some into the spout where we put the soap tablet and run an empty cycle? How much would be needed?

ILmommy77
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 8:53 PM

I was having the same problem, and I switched to Diamond Brite and my dishes are cleaner than ever!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)