Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Freaked the heck out. update

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:01 AM
  • 26 Replies

There is something in my furnace. Omg the door is shaking. My dog is tripping out. I hear it scratching. I live in a trailer.(Well manufactured home) Could it be a cat. I put the vacuum in front of the door. Omg what if it is some wild animal. I am tripping. Hubby is staring at the door. it is still there. YIKES 

Update: Okay we think it is a cat. Hubby said he heard it the other night. He looked out the window and saw a cat running from where I think it is getting in. I walked around my house and checked all my skirting. They are all in place. It looks like something is crawling under it.  Over by my electrical boxes there is a mud path going under my skirting. The furnace is also right there. But how in the hell is it getting in my furnace. Not to offend anybody but I do not like cats. So hubby's uncle has a cage trap. We are going to have to set it under are house. But what if there are babies? I guess he will have to search with a flash light. I am afraid it is going to tear up my ducts.if  we leave it. Than it will be a huge problem. Why my house? So many people have missing skirting and it had to pick mine. We keep up on are skirting every year so we don't have to deal with this. I will let you know what we catch. I really hope my pilot does not go out. Who is gonna open the door. Not me. Are furnace is good for that because the wind will whip down the pipe and blow it out. I still have the vacuum in front of the door. I for sure thought it was going to greet us last night.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dosthepost
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:28 AM

LOL, Idk, could be an animal. Do you have a cage or something you could hold over it when you open the door? that way it won't get out in your house.

IleanRight
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:29 AM

Oh NO!!

Allergic2Stupid
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:30 AM

A bird maybe?  Does it sound bigger than that?

Kaylee0823
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:30 AM

call animal control ? possibly the cops department ?

chellejen
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:32 AM

I bet ya it's a racoon!  Where do you live? Keep us updated!

DelilahsMom4108
by Jeni on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:34 AM

I had a bat in my basement once.... it flew right past my head while I was doing laundry! I ran upstairs and closed the door and it kept flying into it over and over again, I was freaking out by the time my husband came home! lol

Allergic2Stupid
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:48 AM

Lmfao...the cops for a critter in her furnace?  You'd be lucky to get past the call taker if it was where I work, although we did have an officer chasing a bat around an old lady's house with a tennis racket once.....

deann66
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:52 AM

Gotta share. My mom and aunts loved to play cards and gambled like crazy. One night a bat flew over their heads and they all ran out the door. I'm standing there with them all on our porch. Well an aunt said "Call the cops, they'll help" so they did. The cops come in, knock it out with something or another and carry it outside. One cop says, "ummmm... ladies....are you gambling here?" They had all the cards, money everything laying all over the table! My mom said "WHy no officer, why would you think that?" and they shook their heads and left laughing.

Allergic2Stupid
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:23 AM

LOL DOH!

Quoting deann66:

Gotta share. My mom and aunts loved to play cards and gambled like crazy. One night a bat flew over their heads and they all ran out the door. I'm standing there with them all on our porch. Well an aunt said "Call the cops, they'll help" so they did. The cops come in, knock it out with something or another and carry it outside. One cop says, "ummmm... ladies....are you gambling here?" They had all the cards, money everything laying all over the table! My mom said "WHy no officer, why would you think that?" and they shook their heads and left laughing.

submissive09
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:49 PM

Oh yeah it was very loud. I have a cover on my furnace. I also have swinging door. The swinging door was shaking. I think it knocked the cover off. IDK I am not checking.

Quoting Allergic2Stupid:

A bird maybe?  Does it sound bigger than that?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)