Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toothache...help!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:07 AM
  • 9 Replies

I have had a really bad toothache since last night i have no money nor health insurence to go to the dentist...its 12 05 now and i had taken a whole bottle of orajel onto my gums and it still kills me...i took 4 motrins in the last 8 hours and your not even supposed to take that much motrin...do any of you have any kind of remedies that i can use? im desprate here!

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Kristina09
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:10 AM

This might sound weird but it worked wounders for me...

Take a sip of cold coffee(no sugar or creamer)And let it sit on the tooth that hurts. It actually numbs it. Nothing else worked for me. I walked around the house with a cold cup of coffee for a few days. till i could get into the dentist. But it really works. Just let it sit on there for like 25 sec.

Hope it works as good for you as it did for me.

momto1babyboi09
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:14 AM

Quoting Kristina09:

Take a sip of cold coffee(no sugar or creamer)And let it sit on the tooth that hurts. It actually numbs it. Nothing else worked for me. I walked around the house with a cold cup of coffee for a few days. till i could get into the dentist. But it really works. Just let it sit on there for like 25 sec.

oh wow really? ill try that right now as a matter of fact! ill tell yiou if it works

Kristina09
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:16 AM

Hope it works!! I wasnt exspecting it to work but once i relized it did. Boy did i love my cold coffee.

Quoting momto1babyboi09:

Quoting Kristina09:

oh wow really? ill try that right now as a matter of fact! ill tell yiou if it works

ErikaM27
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:21 AM

garlic to alleviate toothache suggest crushing it (to release the allicin) and placing it inside the mouth, next to the tooth. Sometimes the garlic is used in conjunction with cloves or clove oil.

The reason that garlic can be effective in relieving the pain of toothache is almost certainly the allicin - a compound with a powerful antibiotic effect that is released when garlic is crushed.

Remember that crushed garlic is very strong and can cause skin irritation - use with caution.

Garlic might provide some short term relief for the pain of tooth ache, however it should not be seen as an alternative for expert dental treatment.

momto1babyboi09
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:24 AM

i tried garlic not to long ago and it didnt work...im about to try the coffee

Quoting ErikaM27:

garlic to alleviate toothache suggest crushing it (to release the allicin) and placing it inside the mouth, next to the tooth. Sometimes the garlic is used in conjunction with cloves or clove oil.

The reason that garlic can be effective in relieving the pain of toothache is almost certainly the allicin - a compound with a powerful antibiotic effect that is released when garlic is crushed.

Remember that crushed garlic is very strong and can cause skin irritation - use with caution.

Garlic might provide some short term relief for the pain of tooth ache, however it should not be seen as an alternative for expert dental treatment.

momto1babyboi09
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:52 AM

girlll thats my new best friend I cant beleive that worked! Ill be honest I thought you were crazy when I seen cold coffee i said wowww idk I think shes kidding lol but wow i cant believe tat worked! thanks Kristina!!<3 your my new best friend :)

Quoting Kristina09:

Hope it works!! I wasnt exspecting it to work but once i relized it did. Boy did i love my cold coffee.

Quoting momto1babyboi09:

Quoting Kristina09:

Kristina09
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:58 AM

Like i said i didnt believe it till i tried it. And was shocked when it worked. Out of all the things for a tooth ache coffee wouldnt be on a normal list. Glad i could help!!
 Coffee Became my best friend for a while..

Quoting momto1babyboi09:

girlll thats my new best friend I cant beleive that worked! Ill be honest I thought you were crazy when I seen cold coffee i said wowww idk I think shes kidding lol but wow i cant believe tat worked! thanks Kristina!!<3 your my new best friend :)

Quoting Kristina09:

Quoting momto1babyboi09:

Quoting Kristina09:

jessicap79
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:02 AM

Oh WOW, so glad it worked for you!

Maryl57
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:19 AM
Cloves oil And a tea bag.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)