Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

austim ??? piog

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:45 AM
  • 5 Replies

me and my step mom have been talking and i think im son is autistic. My step brother is and my son has some of the same sign as him. So i've been doing researching it and he has some sign but not alot. He is only 3 but it say it better to diagnosing it early is better?

here a list i found the thing highlighted in blue or symptoms  my son has..plus i wrote soething in that he does but  is not listed

Social skills

• Fails to respond to his or her name -he know his name is trever but will not allow any one to call him any nickname or even a boy. ex: he yell "i not  silly im trever"and get upset
  • Has poor eye contact -this happens sometime but not all
  • Appears not to hear you at times happend when he is playing or doing something
  • Resists cuddling and holding
  • Appears unaware of others' feelings
  • Seems to prefer playing alone — retreats into his or her "own world"- he will play in the same room as other kid but not with them

Language

• Starts talking later than other children -i dont know if it was late but didnt make a sentence tell after he was 2
  • Loses previously acquired ability to say words or sentences
  • Does not make eye contact when making requests
  • Speaks with an abnormal tone or rhythm — may use a singsong voice or robot-like speech------he does this alot of time he talk like a robot or tries to
  • Can't start a conversation or keep one going
  • May repeat words or phrases verbatim, but doesn't understand how to use them-- he repeats him self all the time.

Behavior

• Performs repetitive movements, such as rocking, spinning or hand-flapping
  • Develops specific routines or rituals
  • Becomes disturbed at the slightest change in routines or rituals
  • Moves constantly
  • May be fascinated by parts of an object, such as the spinning wheels of a toy car
  • May be unusually sensitive to light, sound and touch and yet oblivious to pain

plus he always want to clean his hand....
he lines up his cars,lego, block. and get extremly aggravated when there or moved.

I not sure if it just his age are autism. What do yall think. plus how did yall realize your child was autistic. Who did yall ask yalls doctor?  What kind test did they do?

COme Check us out .....click here~>Snap shot(photo contests) th0a85c791356554302ac83611eeea9c6b.jpg mom image by kali584college-student.png proud mom image by 1CheysMom518q18.jpg Teen mom image by Pr3ttima

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jessicap79
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:57 AM

Maybe you could join an autism group. Then more mom's could help you. The doctor is yourbest bet though. good luck honey!

treversmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:07 AM

yeah i just joi a group and asked. i waiting on his next appointment to ask his doctor. but i relaly never thought about it until my step mo brought it up.

Quoting jessicap79:

Maybe you could join an autism group. Then more mom's could help you. The doctor is yourbest bet though. good luck honey!

marilyn623
by Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:12 AM

does he seem "unusual" to you? compared to other kids?

if you analize just about any kid closely enough they're bound to have some signs of autism. but if you're concerned definately bring it up to the ped.

treversmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:18 AM

too me know he doesnt seem unusal but i have no one to realy compare to either. He is ahead in some areas from most kid but way behind in others.   SO i dont know. Just some of the little thing he does seem a little off to me. but like i said i dont have any one to really compair to. The only child in or faimly is my step brother who is 7 and he is austic and has some other health problem. SO i dont really know how a 3 year old should act.

Quoting marilyn623:

does he seem "unusual" to you? compared to other kids?

if you analize just about any kid closely enough they're bound to have some signs of autism. but if you're concerned definately bring it up to the ped.

karenax
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:32 AM

My son has Aspergers which is on the autism spectrum. They don't necessarily have to have all the symptoms. I questioned his doctor since he was about a month old.  Simple things like diaper changes, getting him dressed were so difficult, he would freak out especially if I tried to pull a shirt over his head on or off. He was finally diagnosed at the age of 5 when his teacher noticed the same things I did. Recently I found some old movies of him when he was a baby and I was surprised I didn't notice it and more surprised that my son did  but most of them he was just staring off into space, he said look at me I'm so boring, I'm just laying there. I honestly never saw it. He was right, I looked at all his movies and in all of them his older siblings are constantly playing with him and trying to get him to smile and he just was staring off into space and had no reaction. I wish you the best for you and your son. It can run in families. When the doctor I was working with was asking me questions I realized my husband had the same issues and I asked her how an adult was diagnosed and she said when the child is usually it will come from one of the parents. I'm not saying always though. Again best of luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)