Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help with potty training!!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:21 AM
  • 1 Replies

My oldest daughter is 2 1/2 and we are fairly certain that she is ready to start potty training. However, I have tried on several occasions. I put her in panties when she gets up...I set my kitchen timer and when it goes off, we go into the bathroom to try to go. Within about 5 minutes of leaving the bathroom is when she wets herself. How can I do this without it seeming like a chore to both of us????

Hope and Shelby's Mamababy girltoddler girl

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
lilmama800
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:35 AM

Just keep doing the underwear thing with her. I did the same thing with my son and he's three. It took a solid two days to get him potty trained that way. For reals. Have her help you make a chart with the days of the week and go to the store and get the multicolored stars or multicolored something stickers and when she gets so many stars and one gold star take her to the store and let her pick out a prize for using the big girl potty. That way she knows that she's doing a good job and she's getting excited about going potty too. Also try buying some of her favorite candies ( if she's allow candy.) or some kind of treat that you know that she likes and every time that she goes she gets a treat and that will help prompt her to want to go potty to get that treat. Also, if she goes to the potty so many times she gets to pick out a new toy and the end of the week or something.

Thats what I did for both of my boys and it works pretty good too. Good luck mama.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)