Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

15 month waking up in middle of night

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:53 AM
  • 7 Replies

okay so i have a 15 month old she's almost 16 months! i'm pregnant again having a c section on tuesday! my 15 mo has been waking up in the middle of the night a few nights this past week. i dont know if this is a stage an is normal she'll grow out. or if something could be wrong. i've changed her diaper, given her warm milk, checked her temp. no feaver, nothing seems to work. holding her gets her to stop crying but she wont go back to sleep. i dont know what to do. i need help. we dont hold her alot cause we dont want her to want to be held alot. i end up making her cry herself back to sleep but it takes a while (15-30 mins) for her to go back to sleep. she has also been sleeping thru the night since 9 months...

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
CMcLaws
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:56 AM

My 20 month old wakes up in the middle of the night when she's hungry. If this is the case, milk alone may not be cutting it. Why not try some oatmeal? My DD loves it, and it sticks with you longer, so she falls back asleep easily.

thangelbabybug
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:00 AM

could be growth spurt, could be she is hungry and it could be a stage she is just going threw. i can understand you not wanting her to get used to be held all the time but she is still considered a baby and they just needs that comfort.

Capps08
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:04 AM

she hasnt even attempted to drink the milk i gave her this time. so im not sure she is hungry!

Mommyto2kids09
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:07 AM
I wish I could help mama my dd will be 3 in March and she still wakes up in the middle of the night.
Capps08
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:15 AM

but what if anything do you do?

Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:26 AM

Could be an growth spurt and needs more solids at dinner time. Also that is the time my kiddos started teething and they would wake from that or sometimes cough on the extra saliva running back in their throught. Maybe a propped pillow would help with that. Mine also seemed to get a lot of ear infections from the drainage at night.

mommy0815
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:44 AM

I think it might just be a stage...keep letting her cry herself to sleep and she should get use to it...good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)