Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

menstral cycle issues, confused...please help (kind of long and gross)

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:26 AM
  • 2 Replies

Hello everyone. Kind of a gross topic, but I need to know if this is atleast half normal. Ok, here goes. I got my first period on my 11th birthday (what a gift) and ever since then, I have really bad cramps before my cycle and at the beginning. I know that is normal, but I am a light bleeder, and I tend to pass out before I start my period and during my period. Lately, my periods have started between the 23rd and 25, but this month it started the 19th, and I bled half of the first day, then stopped, then the 3rd day bled half the day, but not alot at all, then went a day and a half with nothing, then bled lightly for about 2.5 hours. Gross.... I wouldn't barely show on a panty liner. I am not on any medication or birth control, so I know that wouldn't be the cause, does any one have a clue? I also have been lighly leaking out of my breast for 3 years, I do not know why. My little one is almost 4 and I havn't breast fed since she was 3 months, then I completely dried up, then when right before she turned one, I started leaking again. I went to three Dr.s about it, and they all said my hormone level is fine, but they have no clue what it could be. Can anyone help me with either of these issues? Im 22, so its not menapous like most people say it could be. Since my Dr. couldn't help, I was wondering if anyone here had a similar experience to either. Sorry it is kind of gross and also long. Thanks in advance, and hope everyone has a blessed day.

Jennifer

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:08 PM

BUMP.

Landynsmom62609
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Im having the same problems with my cycle, well first of all my last period was Nov 25th it skipped december completely and i got it yesterday but only bled for maybe 5mins (barely anything too) and now today i bled a little more and when i went to the bathroom to change the tampon the tampon only had a little bit of blood on it and i had it in for 5 hours, i have another in right now just in case but its hurting so i think i might just have to go buy some liners.

So i have no advice on this but id love to hear what other people think, oh and i also took 2 pregnancy tests and they both came back negative so its not that.

I never breastfed my son and my milk dried up within a month (i was in the hospital and on antibiotics and wasnt able to save the breastmilk i had pumped and when i tried to breastfeed my son looked at my boob like it was going to kill him and he would scream sooo bad so hes formula fed) but that just seems strange that your milk is still coming in after almost 4 years of not breastfeeding.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)