Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I be concerned?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:18 AM
  • 5 Replies

So I noticed that DS has a tiny little bump on the crease where his left wrist and hand meet.  I asked his pedi about it and he told me that it was a tiny fluid filled cyst. He said it was  a little unusual that it was on his wrist because most babies get them on their faces. He said not to worry as it will go away on it's own.

Well now I have noticed DS has another one of these cysts, only this time it is on his right hand and on his thumb. 

I am wondering if I should be worried as the bumps/cysts seem to be spreading??   Should I take him to a dermatologist maybe?  I can take him to mine the next time I go to have some moles removed and have the doctor look at it real quick..What do u ladies think? Should I be worried that he went from having 1 to 2 of these?  I noticed the first one in October or so and the second one seemed to appear a few days ago.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ECMOM970
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:22 AM

I would ask the Pedi again...tell him he has another one! I have heard about these and believe they just go away on their own but you should ask about it again...or look it up on Web MD!

canthaveboys1
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:25 AM

I would ask the doc again. It has been my experience that they do go away on their own, but take what seems like forever!!

Gee_Uh
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:30 AM

They will go away on their own.  Nothing to be alarmed about but if it makes you rest better, ask your derm.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:31 AM

Ya askt he ped again. I think you have to get a referral from them, anyway.

mamakenzi
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:40 AM

Quoting Gee_Uh:

They will go away on their own.  Nothing to be alarmed about but if it makes you rest better, ask your derm.

Kenzie

Check out my blog: http://macklanddiares.blogspot.com

Join us on Advice for Moms -- Group Mod

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)