Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sexual Harrassment-What's the law, or where can I find it?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:25 AM
  • 9 Replies

So In the 20's groups, I posted a post about someone forcing themself on me.

I didn't realize because I was able to get away before he raped me that I could still file a police report.

But it's been eating me alive.  So last night I went up to the police station and filed a police report.

Since there was no skin to skin contact, just him trying so desperately and him pushing me, repeating after I told him no.  Touching, and him blocking me in.  I'm sure if anything it will only be sexual harrassment, but I can't find anything on it

So what happens now?

I'm going insane.  I just want it to be over with.  But I can't stop thinking about him.  And how he thought he could butter me up, by sticking his hand down my pants.  And I want to throw up.   And then I think I'm overreacting.

And now I understand why some women just don't like men.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
armywife2009101
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:26 AM

Did it happen at work? If it happend at work than it should be on the wall. What do you want to know about it? Like what the punishment is?

lilblu399
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:27 AM

Did it happen at your job?

canthaveboys1
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:27 AM

Where do you live? Were you at work?

ECMOM970
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:27 AM

You are not over reacting...sounds like he is just starting and he may get more aggressive. You can look at filing a protection order...as far as looking up the law...in CO we have the Colorado Revised Statutes which is a law book and you can now find it on line...every state has them so google it! Good Luck and I am so sorry this happened to you!

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:30 AM

Quoting armywife2009101:

Did it happen at work? If it happend at work than it should be on the wall. What do you want to know about it? Like what the punishment is?

rileysmommy811
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:30 AM

No, it happened at someones house.

Quoting armywife2009101:

rileysmommy811
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:31 AM

Michigan, and no

Quoting canthaveboys1:

AtheistBitch
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:35 AM

Yes, that is sexual harrassment.  Even if he didn't touch you, even if he had just been pestering you and annoying you after you said NO, that's sexual harrassment.  Any unwanted sexual contact or talk is considered sexual harrassment.  Mind you, if he had asked you out and you said no and left you alone, that wouldn't be, but if he kept bugging you even after you said no, that could be.

canthaveboys1
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:41 AM

Quoting rileysmommy811:

Michigan, and no

Quoting canthaveboys1:

I would try to file a report with the human relations officer within your city, and the police report was a good idea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)