Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

haha *UPDATES on second page*

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:11 PM
  • 12 Replies

So apparently with my now found knowledge of car seat safety my parents are getting really mad at me. My dad told me to "get a fucking life".

Isn't that nice?

All because I'm better informed and trying to educate my mom and my son's dad about safety...I told my mom that I need to put the top tether on my sons carseat and she blew up on me.

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
swizzlefiz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:14 PM

My mom and in laws don't much care for the fact that I insist on installing my DD's seat in their cars if they're going to have her.  I know that in "their day" they didn't even have car seats.  They may never get it, but I'll make sure my baby is as safe as possible anyway :)  I'm sorry they're being ugly but stick to your guns!

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:17 PM

Good grief.  How annoying this must be. I am sorry that you are getting the attitude from your parents.  Well I had something similar happen, although my mom respected my wishes,  and I didn't get the attitude or the cussing, but my dad didn't see any point of putting my child in the back seat or even buckling him up. They didn't do that when my parents had little ones, and we were OK. But the thing is, the child should be as safe as possible.

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:18 PM

I am big on carseat safety too. I always install the kids carseats when they go with other people. It's a given and I've never had anyone question me before.

Actually my Aunt, who they spend time with alone during the summer has me install them in her van before I leave and give her yet another lesson on how to get them in and out. =D Luckily, they are getting old enough that they can buckle themselves in their 5 point harness, I just have to make sure they are pulled tight.

Sorry they are giving you a hard time but it's your child and his safety is all that matters.

"An Atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a
church. An Atheist believes that deed must be done instead of a prayer
said. An Atheist strives for involvement in life and not escape into
death. He wants disease conquered, poverty vanished, war eliminated."

- Justin Brown

misskatrinax0x
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:40 PM

exactly! i told my mom if she doesnt like it then dont talk to me. *shrug* last time i checked it is my son and im more knowledgable about carseat safety now in the past few days. and knowing all that i know i can't just not do it, because if something were to happen and it could have been prevented because of what i know, i would never forgive myself...

guess im gonna have to show them the videos of Kyle and Belle..

*sigh*

But on a POSITIVE note, I just informed 2 mommies on my friends list on facebook about car seats! i went to school with one and she was going to get a belt positioning booster for her 3 year old until she saw the video on Kyle!! and my other friend is due in August with twins and she has found this information to be very helpful and she is going to ERF as long as possible!!! 

swizzlefiz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Way to spread the word, Great job!! :)

Quoting misskatrinax0x:

exactly! i told my mom if she doesnt like it then dont talk to me. *shrug* last time i checked it is my son and im more knowledgable about carseat safety now in the past few days. and knowing all that i know i can't just not do it, because if something were to happen and it could have been prevented because of what i know, i would never forgive myself...

guess im gonna have to show them the videos of Kyle and Belle..

*sigh*

But on a POSITIVE note, I just informed 2 mommies on my friends list on facebook about car seats! i went to school with one and she was going to get a belt positioning booster for her 3 year old until she saw the video on Kyle!! and my other friend is due in August with twins and she has found this information to be very helpful and she is going to ERF as long as possible!!! 

canthaveboys1
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:53 PM

Yikes! I wouldnt let them take my kid anywhere. Especially if I didnt put the seat in.

misskatrinax0x
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:43 PM

Quoting canthaveboys1:

Yikes! I wouldnt let them take my kid anywhere. Especially if I didnt put the seat in.

The car seat stays in their van, I don't have a car as of now, but my mom never learned how to put it in anyway, she always complained that it was too hard. Now she complains that I moved him behind her and she's not used to putting him in the van that way. But when he was behind me I had a hard time reaching for him if he needed anything.

So I'm the only one who puts the car seat in and will continue to do so. My boyfriend puts his seat in his van for me, and he does a really good job actually, I'm quite proud!

CafeMom Tickers

RyansMommy6407
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:46 PM

tell them to get a fucking life!

canthaveboys1
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:55 PM

Quoting RyansMommy6407:

LMAO!! I also agree to this. These are our babies for crap sakes! We cant be too careful!

savannahnhi
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:56 PM

Quoting RyansMommy6407:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)