Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"viral infection" please help

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:15 PM
  • 7 Replies

here is the run down:

Complained of headache over weekend (last) and last mon tues wed (gets headaches so not that unusual)

Wed:  daycare said she felt warm and was off... got her checked that nigh because seeing a preemie cousin the next day didn't want to give him anything if she was contagious- no strep

Wed night: slight fever

Thursday:high fever 103+

Friday high fever

Can't sleep can't get comfortable (hour at a time if that)

Sat took to urgent care- did chest x-ray, blood work, urine culture (smelled bad-due to dehydration) Blood work showed double white blood cells----told to follow up with our urgent care Sunday

Sun-redid strep- still negative

She still has high fever- now pink eye-  lot of congestion hard time breathing(only one side-same as side that pink eye is on)

Called back today- gave us script for pink eye over the phone)  saying still viral and to wait it out.  This little girl is sleeping almost all day- can't really walk saying to tired-  she is miserable and there is nothing i can do to help her.  please any advice would be appreciated. 

I almost want to call the ENT to have him look at her...  (extremly large tonsils- touching) appt with him on Feb 2nd, might be taking them out.  She will do fluids but will not eat.  Please help.

Does this sound normal?  Her fever was 103.9 last night... Said see he tomorrow if still no improvement.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
samsmom14
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:17 PM

That doesn't sound normal to me. My son had all the as well and they said he had a sinus infection. I would take her back and have them look at her again.

RyansMommy6407
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:18 PM

Call her ENT and tell them she needs to be seen asap

momofne
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:58 PM

It may not be viral and if she has an infection they won't take her tonsils out until its cleared (and from what you say it sounds like they might)

Quoting RyansMommy6407:

Call her ENT and tell them she needs to be seen asap

xx_erika
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:00 PM

BUMP.

& I hope she starts feeling better soon. :(

mamakenzi
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:02 PM

pink eye is a viral/cold infection of the eye so I agree with the doctor thinking it's a nasty viral infection that needs to run it's course.

MommyToTwo0408
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:07 PM

Sounds like a nasty virus to me, but might be tonilitis also.  I'd follow up with her regular doctor to see what they say.  I don't always trust urgent care, but that's just me.

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:11 PM

It may also be sinus infection.  I'd take her to her regular doctor or the ENT.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)