• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boyfriend acting very strange? What's going on with him?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:16 PM
  • 10 Replies

Okay, my boyfriend is really making me wonder on what's going to happen to us. He and his cousin who is gay (she looks exactly like a boy) had just gotten a place together yesterday and I am kind of upset about it. She follows him everywhere and doesn't work or anything and he is taking care of her for right now I guess you can say. He knows that our baby is due in two months and he should be getting prepared for us to move in not taking care of his cousin who should be taking care of herself. He works a lot and I'm glad that he does but I am so upset that I could scream because he signed a lease with her ass on it and I don't want to move in with the two of them because I wanted it to just be us (me, baby, Bf) but he is always trying to come up with ways to save money and says it will help us out but it screws up every single time. The only thing she has is food stamps and she does minor under the table jobs with him every once in awhile and THAT IS MAKING ME MAD. Because I should be the one he is supporting not someone who's stole from him. We had an apartment together once before and she came over and stole his cologne and a few other things from our bathroom.

He is being so stupid. Then he had a guy move in with us in our 1 bedroom apartment and we got kicked out due to an extra tendant and a dog we weren't supposed to have. I wanted to slap him so hard in the face because he doesn't make the right decisions and he comes crying to me when everything is screwed up. I doubt his cousin is going to bring in enough money for her half of the rent and he will be supporting her for nothing when he should be doing that for ME AND OUR BABY! What is going on with him? I told him that I wanted privacy and I prefer not to have a roommate just to make rent cheaper but he still goes and does the crap anyway. He says that it's GOD telling him to do this to help people out. WTF he can't even help me out! He gets mad when I tell him about his self but he knows damn well it's true. I don't know who hooked his brain up but he is being so silly. I think she is going to steal from him again and they are going to have problems sooner or later and he will start crying to me again.

I don't want to always have to patch up things that I warned his funky ass about. He says he wants to go to college (he is 21) but the rate he is going he is never going to go or get through it because he is not listening to me. I know I can't tell him what to do and he makes his own decisions but he would be better off if he would have got a place with me instead of her because after I have the baby I'll be working and actually know how to manage money instead of blowing it on retarded crap. I could kick him in his chin for this. I feel like everyone else must be more important to him than me and it's really bothering me. When she screws up he thinks I'm going to come in and help him with the bills when I have to take care of our daughter that he should be planning to take care of too. What is going on in his mind? He acts dingy at times and I know he is excited about our baby but he isn't getting things done to prepare for us like I want him too. I don't want his cousin there if I stayed with him. She has a felony and all kinds of warrants and things going on. I CAN NOT STAND IT! This is only bits and peices of what's going on because I'm so mad.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyziegler
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:22 PM

do what you feel is right and honestly if you have a place where you can stay with the baby you might want to consider staying there and telling your bf to f off until he wants to grow up.

penguinbabe44
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Quoting WatermelonNerd:

So you decided to make things work with your kid's father? I remember a while back you were asking how you could get him to sign over his rights or something because he didn't want to be involved. Oh well. I'm glad y'all decided to try to make things work. MAKE IT CLEAR to him that if he gets caught up in his cousin's mess, you're not going to fix it. He'll be on his own.

Earlier in my pregnancy he said he was getting full custody if I put him on child support not that he didn't want to be involved. But yes I want him to know that if everything turns out bad with his cousin that it's his own fault. We have had problems and we worked through majority of them but then this comes up and it's making me mad.

CafeMom Tickers
Cryssie2107
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:25 PM

maybe make an anonymous tip to the police of her warrants and ware abouts!

penguinbabe44
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:38 PM

Quoting Cryssie2107:

I think that's kind of mean to do something like that. If she is gonna get busted she will pretty soon on her own. The way they are acting they are bound to get in trouble sooner or later. I hope my bf doesn't get caught up in it with her though.

CafeMom Tickers
canthaveboys1
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Quoting Cryssie2107:

Thats what I was thinking. Hell I would call them and tell them who she is and where she is.

penguinbabe44
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:52 PM

Quoting WatermelonNerd:

I understand that you may think it's "mean"...but she's basically a fugitive, isn't she? If she's got that many warrants? Couldn't HE get in trouble too?

Yeah he probably can get in trouble too if she is doing illegal things and he is caught with her they will take him away too probably. I'm just gonna let it all play out. He knows he should be getting ready for me and the baby. I didn't want to have a roommate, I wanted it to be just us two and our daughter but I know after awhile she is probably going to leave or something is gonna happen. Everything will be screwed up too because if she doesn't pay rent he can't legally kick her out because her name is on the lease. Right?

I really don't know. If he continues to be stupid I'm going to get my own place and he can come see me and the baby over there because my baby isn't going to be around drugs and bad people so she can be taken away from me.

CafeMom Tickers
mumbellina
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:06 PM

Honestly you can't make him do anything he doesn't want to do and I'm not sure based on what you've said that he's really ready for this responsibility. If I were you I'd focus on what you can do for you and your baby and let him decide if he's going to come around. Keep in mind that if he's into illegal business and gets caught your baby could be taken away from you if they think you knew about it. I definitely think you should look into getting your own place and let him know what you will and will not tolerate. I wouldn't let him move in unless he can prove to you that he's ready to be a responsible father and if he threatens to take custody from you he won't have much of a case if he's hanging around drugs and criminals.

mamakenzi
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:24 PM

I agree, if I were you I wouldn't be planning on living with him.  Get yourself a place.

Quoting mumbellina:

Honestly you can't make him do anything he doesn't want to do and I'm not sure based on what you've said that he's really ready for this responsibility. If I were you I'd focus on what you can do for you and your baby and let him decide if he's going to come around. Keep in mind that if he's into illegal business and gets caught your baby could be taken away from you if they think you knew about it. I definitely think you should look into getting your own place and let him know what you will and will not tolerate. I wouldn't let him move in unless he can prove to you that he's ready to be a responsible father and if he threatens to take custody from you he won't have much of a case if he's hanging around drugs and criminals.

Kenzie

Check out my blog: http://macklanddiares.blogspot.com

Join us on Advice for Moms -- Group Mod

mumbellina
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:44 PM

Also, when the baby comes he should pay child support. Threatening to get full custody is pretty much an empty threat. He can only do that if he can prove you're an unfit mom and like I said before if he's into illegal activity you would have a great case to convince a judge that he's an unfit father.

Nenasam
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:01 PM

Agreed, new born, sleepless, and many other things that you really don't wanna upset yourself over cousin things.. this is sound like you are the one would get hurt and be the one who would fix the situation if things goes wrong..

Quoting mommyziegler:

do what you feel is right and honestly if you have a place where you can stay with the baby you might want to consider staying there and telling your bf to f off until he wants to grow up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)