Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help with nausea

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:19 PM
  • 10 Replies

I'm about 9 weeks into my first pregnancy and i have nausea and vomiting through out the day i'm on Zofran now and doesnt seem to help, does anybody know of something that help them out, i hope its just a first trimester thing! Thanks a bunch.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
swizzlefiz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:20 PM

The only thing that ever worked for me was taking a unisom at night ... If I took it I was totally fine, but if I skipped it I hugged the toilet all day :)

Beatlemama
by Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:21 PM

I had nausea, but no vomiting, so this may not work, but I found crystalized ginger and ate it.  It helped a lot with the nausea.  I also drank ginger ale made with real ginger (read the labels, not all of them are).  Good luck!

mumbellina
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Sometimes nothing would help, but it usually was a little better if I never let myself get too hungry or too full. Also the nausea peaked for me around 9 or 10 weeks but then gradually got better until week 13 when it pretty much went away completely. I understand that's pretty typical so there's a good chance you're almost through the woods. Congrats on the pregnancy!

chloesmom637
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:52 PM

i used preggie pops .... Everything made me sick too for like 2 mths i was always sick ... I had bad heartburn so those helped and i ate alot of Italian ices and ice chip

mommy0815
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:00 PM

i ate soda crackers and would drink Sprite ALL the time....

AudrasMommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:09 PM

50mg vitamin b6 and a half a unisom 3-4 times daily.  Wipes it right out.  And yeah it usually is only a first trimester thing!  Hang in there, you've almost made it! :)

lundaylove
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:19 PM

if zofran doesnt help ya nothing but time will. trust me. zofran can be a life saver! But when it gets to the point where it doesnt help its no longer morning sickness but Hyperemesis Gravidarum. Its 24/7 morning sickness hell i coined Pregnancy Induced Bulemia lol. I had it with both my pregnancies. With my twins i had it for 24 of my 28wks i was pregnant. With my son it was better, i had it only for 20 of 38wks.

Keep hydrated, that helps the nausea. If you cant keep hydrated or are throwing up more than 4x in one hour or 6x in one day you MUST go into the ER/LnD floor for IV fluids and possibly get IV zofran, that stuff works alot better and faster than the pills do. Good luck!

lcheek6703
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:12 PM

I ate a lot of peppermints and also would not go without eating for more than an hour or so.  (of course not a big meal but just some crackers or something)  As long as I didn't get too hungry I would usually just get sick in the morning.  But if I ever got hungry I would be sick for hours.  

moodygremlin
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:16 PM

get your doctor to give you some suppositories (sp?).  Those help a lot!

Kydins.Mommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:16 PM

i ate ginger snaps... and snacked on crackers and water before i got up of a morning... and my friend had also told me bout morning sickness suckers (idk never tried them cuz i was in germany at the time with my husband) maybe you could yahoo search it or something. i was sick thru out my pregnancy with mornin sickness. but you can also try gaterade or powerade.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)