Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone good with computers?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:25 PM
  • 5 Replies

So normally I am really good with computers. (I built my own and do all the maintainance and fixing problems with it)

I have been attacked by a virus and I ran my windowd defender and avg and cleared all the threats that came up. I am getting this stupid pop up every few seconds Internet Security 2010. I tried to delete it manually but I can't b/c it is in use and there is no option to close it, when I hit close it just minimizes to the tray icon and there is no close or exit option from the tray icon. This program is a demo version and doesn't actually do anything except pop up telling me I have issues - it is my only issue now. Restarting does not work b/c the program loads on start up. Also, I tried system restore and got an error that program is infected and I can't even open it up.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE:

Problem fixed. Thanks for the responses. I re-ran Windows Defender and it picked up the virus this time.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
BaileynMe
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:27 PM

My parent's computer had the EXACT same issue. I'm trying to get ahold of my dad to find out how/if he managed to fix it. 

Dariensmom1
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:27 PM

It sounds like you need to get a spyware removal or adaware as well

BaileynMe
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:46 PM

I'm having trouble getting ahold of my dad, but if/when I do I'll let you know what he did. 

dlock25
by Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:50 PM

Malwarebytes is a great program and it is good about getting that off

momofne
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:53 PM

I just went through this. Go to Malwarebytes.com and download (it's free) their anti virus program. Then restart your comp. in safe mode and run it. This should get rid of it. You might have to run it twice to get everything. Then restart normal. The text under your icons might be messed up and you will have to go to properties, desktop and then go to colors and choose which you want. (compliments of my son who showed me how LOL)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)