Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let's be honest... does CM keep you from your family?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:18 PM
  • 21 Replies

Poll

Question: .

Options:

yes, I feel I can use my time better

no, It does not get in my way at all

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 49

View Results

Does CM keep you from youor family?  Do you find yourself sitting here at the computer when you could be doing something better with your time?

(i.e. playing with your children, spending quality time with your LO.)

I'm not pointing fingers or blame, I just sometimes feel like I (as well as others) let CM come between whats more important. =)

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kydins.Mommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:20 PM

i dont get on my laptop unless my baby is playing in his room/watching a movie or he's in bed either napping or during bedtime. i love spending time with my son so i take all the time i can get with him. now with my husband thats a different story lol he's always on his computer or playing xbox. *sigh*

kristinaleann
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:21 PM

I try to limit my time on here. I do notice that sometimes I get caught up in a few posts and before I know it I have been on longer than I have planned.

I will never let cafe mom take away the time that I need to spend with my children. I will also not neglect things that need to be taken care of.

MomToBeISaMom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:22 PM

I only check CM while I'm at work, so it has gotten in the way of my work, but not in the way of my family.  :)

CadiesMommy08
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:22 PM

to be honest im only on cm when im at work so 8-5 really unless my daughters are in bed or im away from them.

PaulinaK
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:23 PM

i guess i dont have that problem....i am not on here until my husband is at work and i have all my chores done around the house....my daughter is either at school, in bed or watching tv or something....and i usually dont spend more than an hour here because it gets really boring with every complaining about all the same things....

Ladybug8412
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:23 PM

No because I only get online at work, lol.  Time away from my job, yes, family, no. 

PregoDiana
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:23 PM

When my DH is home, I find myself ignoring him and spending my time browsing around on here.  Sometimes, I dont even post, its just mindless wandering.  I could be using that time with my DH and family time.

But when its just me and my son home, I only log on when he is napping (which is right now).  Otherwise, he has my full attention.

Why cant I give that to my DH? =P

Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:24 PM

I ony get on cafemom when my son is napping or gone. However, I could be doing better things with my time then being on cafemom. I don't really care too much if everything gets done, though, I only go out without dh about once a year. I'm fairly isolated so if I take a little me time in the middle of the day to at least engage in some internet conversation, oh well.

lundaylove
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:25 PM

i may have CM or FB up and running all day long but i only stop in and reply when my kids are happily playing in their room or playroom or are watching tv or asleep. otherwise i am with them.

dosthepost
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Nah. I mean, it's open ALL DAY, but I'm not sitting here 24/7 hopelessly droning in front of the computer. Usually I'm VERY busy, doing everything that has to get done plus being a 'mommy' to my girl. Then, IF she finds something to do on her own, or she takes a nap, I get to sit and drone out... LOL. It doesn't take time away from them, though. It just gives me something to do when there's nothing else to do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)