Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husband wants family back help

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:32 PM
  • 11 Replies

He wants us back he says he loves and miss us. I wonder if its true our does he miss me taking care of the kids and his stuff. I moved now to a place were i can pay rent and bills but still can take care of my kids. I also have a boyfriend that i like but don't love. I still love my husband dispict all we have been throw. My bf has a daughter that is spoiled and he acts like a kid alot even tho he is 26. I don't know to what and see if he grows up our give my hubby another chance. I just don't know. The one thing i do know is that i love him. Even now when i talk to him i feel better. Looking at him makes me feel like a teenager with a crush. My boyfriend doesn't make me feel that way. Like i said like him but not in love. What should i do?????

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ladybug8412
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:34 PM

What did your hubby do to have left in the first place?

Monica208
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:36 PM

you need to do whats best for you and your children... 

Issa81
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:37 PM

I would say never give up on your marriage me and my hubby went through HELL and back but now we couldnt be happier we grew up maybe he has done the same thing I dont know just a thought. However I dont know what he did to you.

vikat317
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:39 PM

if your marriage is something that can be worked out i would really try to fix that....take baby steps though don't rush moving back in....just work thru your problems first.....

PrincessMermaid
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:44 PM

I disagree with Issa. Sorry. I think you have 1 life, and you should be happy with it. Why put yourself through hell if you don't have to? I think it depends on what he did that made you leave in the first place. Like, if you left because he refused to put the toilet seat up and you fell in a few times, (gross), that could be forgivable. If he cheated on you with the neighbor, that is something you need to ask yourself, "Can I live with that, move on, forgive him for it? Do I even want to forgive him for that?". If he made you wait for him outside the bank while he handed the teller a note and tried to give your kids benadryl to make them sleep? He should be gone from your life for good. I would ask myself these things, "Was it a forgivable offense?" "Do I like my new boyfriend more?" "Is he willing to change or am I willing to deal with whatever it is he does that he will not change?" and most importantly, "Does he do things that put my children or myself at risk of harm?" If you answered, Yes, no, yes, and no, than welcome him back with open arms. If not, than move on and be happy with the new guy in your life.

LilahandElliot
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:45 PM

Quoting vikat317:

if your marriage is something that can be worked out i would really try to fix that....take baby steps though don't rush moving back in....just work thru your problems first.....

I'm Aubree (or Bree), I'm a 21 year old, formula feeding, non-circumcising,  non-vaccinating, occasionally co-sleeping, disposable diapering, spanking when needed, forward faced at 1, brutally honest, thinks children can call their step-parent "mommy" or "daddy" if that's what they choose, wife to Andy since 04/07, mommy to Delilah Renee since 12/07, Mommy to Elliot Jay since 08/09, and step-mommy to Brookelyn Lucille (born 09/05).

Issa81
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Quoting PrincessMermaid:

I disagree with Issa. Sorry. I think you have 1 life, and you should be happy with it. Why put yourself through hell if you don't have to? I think it depends on what he did that made you leave in the first place. Like, if you left because he refused to put the toilet seat up and you fell in a few times, (gross), that could be forgivable. If he cheated on you with the neighbor, that is something you need to ask yourself, "Can I live with that, move on, forgive him for it? Do I even want to forgive him for that?". If he made you wait for him outside the bank while he handed the teller a note and tried to give your kids benadryl to make them sleep? He should be gone from your life for good. I would ask myself these things, "Was it a forgivable offense?" "Do I like my new boyfriend more?" "Is he willing to change or am I willing to deal with whatever it is he does that he will not change?" and most importantly, "Does he do things that put my children or myself at risk of harm?" If you answered, Yes, no, yes, and no, than welcome him back with open arms. If not, than move on and be happy with the new guy in your life.

I believe that you should work out your marriage its important. To many people take the easy way out they say its to hard or I dont like this person for such and such it takes work and commitment. I have been through cheating, addictions, as well as others and I think that if you trully love the person then it can work out with time and lots of hard work. She said she LOVES her hubby she does like her BF but its not the same. So why not work on the marriage? But of course what changed me and my hubby was JESUS as well as the fact we grew up and relized that marriage is HARD but our love was more. It is her choice but in my opinion she should work it out. NOW if he beat her or hurt the kids then I would second guess that make sure that he has changed.

Brijet86
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:18 PM

i want to say follow your heart but sense kids are involved you need to think of them and why you left in the first place. Talk to him and tell him how you feel.

BEast915
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:23 PM

I understand. You can't help who you love, but you can help how he treats you. If you let him back in don't let him treat you badly. Who knows maybe it will be different because now you know you can take care of yourself and your kids without him. Don't let him forget that he would be there because you want him not because you need him. Good luck.

I am a Stay-at-home, Breastfeeding, Cooking, Cleaning, Crafting. Loving mother of 2 princesses, and wife to the greatest man I know.

in lovetoddler girlbaby girl

JessicaRena
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:23 PM

My Dh at the time my bf. we split on more than one occasion. I prolly gave him more chanches than what one person deserves. but now we are doing great. tell him your not playing games if he wants this he needs to prove him self. and its going to take time for everything to be perfect again. reletainships are hard work. if borth partys work at it life will be great. my dh and i had more problems than anyone could imagine and we are now doing great and i am loving life. take the chance if it does not work tell him bye. i told my dh i can do this on my own i do not need you. i want you but do not need you. and if you what to be here show me. he did and life is awsom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)