Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone know any organizations that donate Carseats ?My nephews are 13mths old and still in infant carseats

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:02 PM
  • 14 Replies

Hi everyone ! my twin nephews are 13mths old and still in infant carseats wich they are way to big for. My sister is broke she drives a car that has no working heat it is freezing in Mass this time of year . She has no internet access to research any carseats . IDK what to do I do not have any way to get her some new carseats she has NO money. Does anyone know where I could get someone to donate a carseat ? She can not be the only one in this position. There has to be an organization that will donate one. I know some health insurance companies used to do it . She has the state insurance. Any suggestions would help thanks..

Katie mother to 5 children  Noah 7-25-99,Hailey 4-18-03,
Riley 4-6-04,Caleb 10-12-05, Gracie 4-9-08.
family in the van

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dosthepost
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:04 PM

Try hospitals, churches, fire departments, police departments, etc...

dosthepost
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:05 PM

And pediatric offices.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:05 PM

Depending on the state, some hospitals offer carseat safety class and then if you are there early enough, you get a carseat to fit their needs.  Until she can save up, there were (i dont know if they are there now) carseats at walmart for 50 dollars for this age group up to 40 lbs and then it becomes a back booster from 40-80 lbs.  She may want to call department of health for that area also to see if they have info.   What is their weight?

La-Belle-Vie
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:06 PM

http://www.usa.safekids.org/tier2_rl.cfm?folder_id=182

have her go to a car seat check with the seats and they will provide her with new ones. 

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:07 PM

I searched online and it said contact the state police dept. or WIC. 

jrp0606
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:07 PM

she just needs to contact your local safekids coalition and ask when they are having the next check with seats.

No one is going to give her seats with out her going to a check to learn how to install them properly. so she may have to travel to a check but thats the price to pay for free seats.

I'm Jessi, 28 year old SAHM to one crazy three year old Austin, currently harnessed in a Britax Frontier.  I'm a Child Passanger Safety Technician (CPST).  We only get one chance in a motor vehicle accidents, the decisions you make can save your childs life.  To find out more follow me here.

london114
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:08 PM

We got ours at a state police department.  They only gave us one, but that was a big help.  They also showed us how to put it in our car and how to get our daughter in it.  We live in NY state.  Good luck.

Carla

ARPsMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:08 PM

The Red Cross

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Quoting jrp0606:

she just needs to contact your local safekids coalition and ask when they are having the next check with seats.

No one is going to give her seats with out her going to a check to learn how to install them properly. so she may have to travel to a check but thats the price to pay for free seats.

CoUrtNEyLeE
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:11 PM

Contact the local PD they sometimes have seats or the health departments might

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)