Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my son will not sleep in his own bed help in need of a good nights sleep!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:25 PM
  • 2 Replies

MY SON WILL BE FOUR IN APRIL AND I AM HAVING QUITE A TIME.  I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP BECAUSE HE WILL NOT SLEEP IN HIS OWN BED.  HE HAS BEEN DOING THIS FOR A YEAR NOW AND I AM NOT SURE HOW TO GET HIM TO SLEEP IN THE NEW BED THAT WE HAVE BOUGHT HIM OVER A YEAR AGO.  I HAVE TRIED EVEYTHING THAT I COULD THINK OF BUT HE KEEPS FIGHTING ME ON THIS WHAT CAN I DO I HAVE A 1 YEAR OLD THAT WILL SLEEP IN HIS OWN ROOM WHY CANT MY THREE YEAR OLD DO THIS NEED HELP PLEASE.

TINA MOTHER OF TWO

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:29 PM

I can't think of what to suggest other than every time he climbs into bed with you, lead him back to his own bed. Don't talk to him. You could tell him that he doesn't have to sleep in his bed, but he must stay in his room.

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

careheart
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:36 PM

How about gradually let him sleeep with you and then the next night sleep in his bed. Stick the same scheudle and the other week one night with you and two night in his bed. If he sleeps in his bed the whole night give him award. The next week one night with you and three night in his bed. If he stay in his bed an award. Try doing someting like that. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)