• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dh boss a jerk, should he go to school. help..(kinda long)

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:34 PM
  • 5 Replies

Okay so my Dh boss is a total jerk. I understand that not all work places are going to be great and that there will be problems. however, his boss has gone to far. We moved into our apartment in May of 2009 and since then I bet he has accused Dh of steeling prolly 20 times. Each time he tells him I got it all on tape. My Dh tells him he has not done anything wrong and to show the tape. His boss says if I show the tape I will have to call the police. Well, needless to say my Dh has never seen a tape. He is the highest paid employee and has been there the longest. His boss is such a jerk that he can not keep help. I live in Marion,ohio and his boss is known all over town and never once have I heard good things about this man. Only bad things. No one likes him.  This last time he accused Dh of having women flash him and then givng them free items. His boss knows of our very rocky past and know that if I hear something like that I would be mad and start a firght with Dh. I did not hear it from his boss I heard if from Dh and its not true. His boss is just trying to start something between me and Dh. his boss even went as far as sending his wife to my place of employment to tell me this. She could not find me I as on break but sitll. If it were true my Dh would not have told me about what was going on. His boss is just a jerk and no one in town likes this man. Dh and I have been throwing around the idea of him just going back to school online and keeping our son while I work. We only pay 625 in rent and no utilties. Its going to be tight on money a bit. But my Dh is very smart and I know he can do it. Its just a hard decision to make. But at the same time him keeping his job is not helping either. Its stressful. and his boss told him anyway that he will no longer get 40 hours and that any day he could lose his job. its like being stuck in a rock and a hard place. plez help laides need to know what to do.

Proud Mommy and Wifey. Mrs. Stage

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
CullenLover
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:43 PM

wow! let me say that your husband needs to file with the BBB ASAP! not only is that harrasment but its just wrong. especially having the boss's wife show up at your JOB! what if your boss wasnt understanding and you got fired ? dont let your husband quit that is what he wants. i would report him ASAP. i had to do this to an employer and let me tell you they were able to not only resolve it but  i was able to get what was owed to me.

drfink
by Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Your husbands boss is a jerk but don't knee jerk your reaction.For now have your husband continue working and yall put up the money.Have him start online around his work schedule and start living on your income.So when the day comes your husband has to leave his job yall have a little put up and a plan in place.Good luck.

tyfry7496
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:49 PM

Contact the EEOC through the federal website at http://www.eeoc.gov/  The EEOC is the Equal Employment Opportunity Center. What your husbands boss is doing is harassment and it is illegal. He is in a hostile working environment and the employer can be in trouble for doing so. Have your husband document EVERYTHING that goes on. Dates, times, who was involved and/or present. NO ONE has to put up with harassment from any employer.  Education is never a waste of time or money, so if you can manage have him go back to school.

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:52 PM

Document for sure. and he needs to get his resume around and be looking for another job.

tisami1
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:26 PM

If he quits, I dont think he could get unemployment. If he is fired, I'm sure he can get that, which would be a great help for you guys. I like the PP idea of putting away his income in savings and living off of just yours.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)