Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

please help i need to sleep !!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:25 PM
  • 13 Replies

hi my son will be four in april and he is still not sleeping in his new bed.  he is currently sleeping with mom and dad and just refuses to sleep in his own room.  i am in need of a good nites sleep i have tried everything that i can think of to get him to go to sleep in his own room any advice

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pllows80
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:26 PM

help me i need sleep

wife.and.mommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:27 PM

what kind of bed?

Cryssie2107
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:29 PM

here's a bump for ya!

yayay15
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:29 PM

I'm sorry!  I need sleep too, lol!  I have my four  year old and five month old in my bed!

My four year old falls asleep in his bed, but EVERY NIGHT, he comes in to my room.  We have a big bed so it doesn't bother me, but the only advice I have to just make him stay in there.  He will cry for a few nights and it will be hard...that's how I got my son to fall asleep in his room.  I stood outside his door four two hours, three or four nights in a row and just kept putting him back. It was hard and draining but it worked.  Now, when he comes in to my bed at night, I just need to get up and put him back in there...but right now I'm too lazy...b/c I need sleep too.

pllows80
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:54 PM

i have tried to keep him in there and again he waits till we r sleeping then he comes in to our bed in the middle of the nite

pllows80
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:56 PM

bunk bed

MiddletonFamily
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:02 PM

Have you tried making his bed "special" maybe make it into a tent or a club house. Tell him that only he can sleep in his special bed.

barrier
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:03 PM

sorry no help from me. i started at a young age no kids sleep in mom and dads room...

HisNo1Fan
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:04 PM

We used to have to lay down with my son in his bed until he fell asleep.. Then he'd usually wake up a few hours later and come into our bed. My son used to do that until we got him a loft bed. Maybe the security of having something around him (railing) unlike a regular bed that's just a "bed". Goodluck

chloesmom637
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:06 PM

try staying in his room until he falls asleep

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)