Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So how much do you feed your baby?? SOLIDS

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:28 PM
  • 6 Replies

so i am wondering how much everyone here started feeding their babies when they started solids? i am sticking to 1 tblsp. and i am breastfeeding . any more than that and my daughter gets REALLY gassy and uncomfortable. She is about to be 6 months old..sooooo has anyone experienced this and does it really get easier in a couple months ? do the intestines actually get better able to handle food? lol lets hear it!

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
averysmom0923
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:37 PM

When i started my baby on solid foods, i tried finger foods. Like round carrots, smile face poto, noodles. They will eat what they want to eat, if they dont want to eat they wont. After a couple of months of finger foods, MY baby stop taking the bottle and was drinking whole milk in a slippie. Its a lot easier when they start the food. I didnt meaure  or anything. A few carrots, noodles or anything they can pick up let them choose. It does get easier, after they start with the milk, just watch what kind of veggies you start with.

lorililly
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:53 PM

bump for later 

mizzwright987
by on Jan. 28, 2010 at 8:34 PM

how old was your b aby when you started?

jamesmommy0424
by on Jan. 28, 2010 at 8:37 PM

i started at 4 months for my son and now he is 9 months and he is eating off my plate now and he has not had any problem yet

dosthepost
by on Jan. 28, 2010 at 8:42 PM

If you're breastfeeding then she doesn't really need them at all... When I started feeding solids I gave about a tablespoon at a time, until she acted hungry after she was done... then I added another half a tablespoon.

mommyof2grls06
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2010 at 10:25 PM

If she's gassy and uncomfortable when you give her solids she's probably not ready for them yet. I would try cutting down on them and nursing her longer. Breastfed babies need no solids till they are one.

Women should not feel guilty if they are UNABLE to breastfeed, but they should feel guilty if they are UNWILLING to do so, and they should be intellectually honest enough to know the difference.
A proud Christian, Republican, Breastfeeding, Attachment parenting, Extended Rear Facing and Extended Harnessing, ANTI- CIO, Former fully vaxing, but now delayed and very selectively vaxing, mommy to my 3 beautiful girls and wife to my Marine!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)