Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

moms whoes babies have or has had RSV

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:38 PM
  • 5 Replies

Okay this may sound like a weird question but...  when you had the test done how far did they stick the swab up your child's nose? 

We had the test done today and the nurse shoved that thing so far up his nose he gaged and then threw up a little.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
wife.and.mommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:39 PM

i am not laughing at you, but yea they shoved it up real far... and my DD spit up as well and there was some blood on the swab

AJsMama09
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Quoting wife.and.mommy:

i am not laughing at you, but yea they shoved it up real far... and my DD spit up as well and there was some blood on the swab

good, well not good at the reaction, good because I thought she was being really rough with him!  I was a little freaked out.  It really looked like she was trying to swab his brain!

motherslove82
by Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Every Dr.'s office does it differently. At our Dr's office (for the bigger kids) they make them blow their nose a little and then just swab their nostral (for the flu test and the RSV test). If your LO is old enough to blow his nose, you might want to suggest that they do this next time.  When my baby had it done a couple weeks ago, they did shove it way up there. She screamed her head off of course. I always feel a little guilty taking them to the Dr. I mean you have this little person who feels like crap and doesn't understand what's going on, and most of what the Dr does is either really uncomfortable or down right hurts. I hope your LO feels better soon.

onefootcutiepie
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:44 PM

aw, sorry mama. That is normal though!

AJsMama09
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:45 PM

Quoting motherslove82:

Every Dr.'s office does it differently. At our Dr's office (for the bigger kids) they make them blow their nose a little and then just swab their nostral (for the flu test and the RSV test). If your LO is old enough to blow his nose, you might want to suggest that they do this next time.  When my baby had it done a couple weeks ago, they did shove it way up thier. She screamed her head off of course. I always feel a little guilty taking them to the Dr. I mean you have this little person who feels like crap and doesn't understand what's going on, and most of what the Dr does is either really uncomfortable or down right hurts. I hope your LO feels better soon.

he did too!  I felt so bad, he's 10 weeks old and was flirting away with the nurse, then she just shoves a cotton swab up his nose.  Thanks, he seems to be the only one who doesn't know he's sick!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)