Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Slim 4 life/slimgenics?? - edit after seeing them

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:46 PM
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone used slim 4 life?  The new name is slimgenics.  My mom just called and said I should try it out b/c some friends of hers really like it.  If you have used it, or gone in for the consultation, or know anyone who used it, please give me your reviews!!  I'd like to have some idea before I go in.   Thanks!

Okay in case anyone is wondering, DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE!!  They're a bunch of drug pushers.  I told them from the VERY beginning that I had epilepsy but they said it was okay I could do the program.  Then I hear the lady talking on the phone saying "but it says in the book that under no circumstance can we allow an epileptic to do the program."  Then she hangs up and tells me its fine I can do it, the manager said it was okay.  I told her I wanted to go see my dr first but I'd already paid :(  She said no its fine, lets just finish signing you up and then you can talk to your dr. 

Now I'm in a huge battle trying to get my money back.  I did go to the dr the next day and she said NO WAY NO HOW.  Not only is it unsafe for me to lose 3-5 lbs a week, which is what they guarantee, but I have to have any medication I take monitored b/c it can lower my threshold to have a seizure.  They wanted me to take about 6 different "supplements."  BUT they won't tell you what is in them.  They told me I was getting a refund, but now I just got a call saying it has to go in front of a "review board" and I probably won't get my money back since their manager said I could do the program as long as I sign a release.  UGH BULLSH!T!!!!!  If I don't get my money back I've only lost $100 dollars .... lesson learned I suppose.  ALWAYS check review before your go to a place like that .. now I know :)

I went to a *real* nutritionist yesterday.  MUCH better experience, I should have done it years ago :)

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
swizzlefiz
by on Feb. 10, 2010 at 2:20 PM

bump for update

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)