Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weird, Strange, Annoying, Confusing School rules???

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:53 PM
  • 41 Replies

Does your school have any Weird, Strange, Annoying, or Confusing school rules.......

I know my sons school has some strange ones......and they have so many Rules they may as well Duct tape his arms around his waste and let him walk around like a robot, Cuz even if he breaths wrong he gets in trouble its ridiculous. I understand some rules, but allot of them are RIDICULOUS! then they drop the ball once the kids are in High School. 

Tell me about some of the crazy rules your kids school has.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PrincessMermaid
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 3:39 AM

My son got a step four for "play fighting". They have a "Zero Tolerance Policy". Just in case your wondering, a step four means I have to go down to the school and talk to the teacher before he is allowed back in class, and if he gets in trouble, for the same thing, or even something different, he can be expelled. My son is in first grade. On the phone, they wouldn't tell me what he had done wrong. When I got there and she said play fighting, I was like, AND? I almost laughed, and DID kind of throw a fit and even called the superintendant of schools, and they all said the same thing, "ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY". I was also told if a child threw a snowball, even if it wasn't aimed at anyone, they would also be on a step four. I was told KINDERGARTENERS have been put on step fours for throwing SNOWBALLS at the school WALL. It's completely INSANE!

malexander2009
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 3:58 AM

Yeah I had similar rules while I was in school. But the schools that I am going to send my kids to have a very strict policy on everything. From hair to clothes to bad mouthing other churches and preachers. But the schools that my kids will be going to, the government has no say in what goes on because my church doesn't accept any state or federal aid to keep them open. They even use swats as a way of disipline and parents have to sign a waver stating that if the need arises the principal can use that as a disiplinary action. But that is only in dire cases. I think my pastor said thoughout the entire school system including a church kids school, and a bus kids school both from kindergarten to 12th grade they used it twice last year.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 6:23 AM

My dd isnt in school yet but i am wondering what rules you think are strange?

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 6:56 AM

What's funny is that my daughter attends a private Catholic school that is linked to our home parish and they do NOT use any sort of physical discipline... but our public schools in this state DO use spanking. One of many reasons why my child will never step foot in a public school.

Quoting malexander2009:

Yeah I had similar rules while I was in school. But the schools that I am going to send my kids to have a very strict policy on everything. From hair to clothes to bad mouthing other churches and preachers. But the schools that my kids will be going to, the government has no say in what goes on because my church doesn't accept any state or federal aid to keep them open. They even use swats as a way of disipline and parents have to sign a waver stating that if the need arises the principal can use that as a disiplinary action. But that is only in dire cases. I think my pastor said thoughout the entire school system including a church kids school, and a bus kids school both from kindergarten to 12th grade they used it twice last year.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mum. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am submissive and proud, my husband is head of my home. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our children that The Church is the only Church.               Aimee

submissive09
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 7:24 AM

Wnat is your wierd rules ?

submissive09
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 7:25 AM

No my sonsa school does not have weird rules.

malexander2009
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 7:26 AM

Catholic schools are well different then Independant Baptist schools. I went to two different Catholic schools too keep me out of the gang influence around the public schools when I lived in Milwaukee, WI before my dad would put me in to a public school he actually sat at each of the schools he was considering putting me in and see how they were run and then enroll me (that was for the public schools, since in my 8th grade year there were about 4 or 5 shootings or gang fights following games).

tiredmom
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 7:34 AM

My nephew is in the 1st grade, he got in trouble for using his finger as a gun,while playing on the playground. If he gets in trouble again it's a 3 day suspending. Give me a break. I understand they need rules but a finger. The boy is 6 years old. 

submissive09
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 7:41 AM

Do you live in America. I really don't think there is a public school of any school that uses physical discipline. They make them walk the yard or run some laps. IMO I usually thought that private schools were the ones who did the spanking.. Or used to. Did you ever see the movie The Beach. "Yes Father spank me Again"  "Harder Father" He would bent over pants down on all fours" The priest//,pastor what ever you call them would be spanking with a large Patel. JMO I have been both routes. I think private school is way harder on children  than public..

Quoting AutymsMommy:

What's funny is that my daughter attends a private Catholic school that is linked to our home parish and they do NOT use any sort of physical discipline... but our public schools in this state DO use spanking. One of many reasons why my child will never step foot in a public school.

Quoting malexander2009:

EdgeOfSanity
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 8:08 AM

What?!!?! That is crazy!! My children are very well behaved in school so I wouldn't have to worry about that, but no way in hell would I send my child someplace where that is allowed.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Quoting malexander2009:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)