• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Key word Minimum and Maximum

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:17 PM
  • 9 Replies

Infants should ride rear-facing until they reach the highest weight or height allowed by their car safety seat’s manufacturer. At a minimum, children should ride rear-facing until they have reached at least 1 year of age and weigh at least 20 pounds. When children reach the highest weight or length allowed by the manufacturer of their infant-only seat, they should continue to ride rear-facing in a convertible seat.

Least is another word for minimum. Don't your babies deserve the maximum? The best, the safest ride, no matter how far or little you travel?  I went to type my thought on the other car seat post  and of course when I was done writing it got locked. Even the car seatmanufacturer says it is safer to Rear Facing to the Maximum. The info and studies, and true stories are right in your faces. And you go with this Info:  children should ride rear-facing until they have reached at least 1 year of age and weigh at least 20 pounds.

They should continue to ride rear-facing in a convertible car seat. so does the manufacture of the convertible seat your child rides in. So lady's that have  forward facing babies that can still be ERF. Show some links that Your children are safer forward facing.I am sure all of the rear facing moms would like to know how much safer it is.

I could not honestly believe the % of forward facing children. Now if your child has out grown the weight or height of the seat and you voted no I get that. I could not believe how many mothers said they have there children `forward. when they could be riding ride rear facing.

So there is my answer to that post.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lundaylove
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:24 PM

AMEN SISTER!!!!!!

lcheek6703
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:25 PM

My kids are 5 and 4 and are now forward facing and have been since they were about 18 months (when their legs were too long to fit in a rear facer)  They are still in 5 point harnesses in britax car seats.  Many of my friends make fun of me for not putting them in boosters but I feel that my childrens safety is more important.  

mom2ljh
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:26 PM

I concur.

dosthepost
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:35 PM

Congrats on EH!

Quoting lcheek6703:

My kids are 5 and 4 and are now forward facing and have been since they were about 18 months (when their legs were too long to fit in a rear facer)  They are still in 5 point harnesses in britax car seats.  Many of my friends make fun of me for not putting them in boosters but I feel that my childrens safety is more important.  

pregnant

CafeMom Tickers

lildragonfly923
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:38 PM

clapping

submissive09
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 7:17 AM

Bump

sallymoon
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 7:37 AM

I'm not turning my son until there is no US seat that will RF him.  He has twin cousins who are 16 months younger than him, and I would bet money that my son will still be RF by the time the twins are flipped around.  My SIL thinks she knows it all  (although apparently she doesn't know basic physics) and won't listen :(

submissive09
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 12:01 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)