Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BOILS?? PLEASE HELP!!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:58 PM
  • 13 Replies

Hello Ladies,

Do any of you get Boils?   They r soooo nasty and i get them alllllll the time and they hurt!!!   An i get them anywhere and everywhere and become very embarrised with them. I am a very clean person and i know thats not the issue. Please give me some thoughts if anyone knows.

Thanks so much!!!

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Biancas_mommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Is it mrsa?  Maybe it's staph and you just dont know it and your getting them so often cause its mrsa

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:01 PM

I think that boils is one of those things that come out when you are stressed. Physical or mental stress. Have you found this?  I have a friend, anyway, who finds when he is stressed his body takes it out on him in the form of boils.  Have you talked with your doctor about prevention?

jeckellette
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:03 PM

ingrown hairs maybe??? I have the same problem....and so far nothing has helped...I've seen my regular doc and a dermatologist...=(

missingbelle
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:04 PM

There are many causes of boils. Some boils can be caused by an ingrown hair. Others can form as the result of a splinter or other foreign material that has become lodged in the skin. Others boils, such as those of acne, are caused by plugged sweat glands that become infected.

The skin is an essential part of our immune defense against materials and microbes that are foreign to our body. Any break in the skin, such as a cut or scrape, can develop into an abscess should it become infected with bacteria.

norahs_mommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:33 PM

I used to get them....they left scars they were sooo bad and yes they hurt!!! I think it was a medication I was one...cause ever since I don't take it anymore I haven't gotten one. *knock on wood*. Good Luck....I know how bad they are so I am sorry you have to go through that!

shoegirl01
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:52 PM

I would see a doc... Thats all I got :)  It seems strange to get them all the time, thats why I say doc.  Kind of sounds like mrsa, which if so you need to see a doc.  GL.

ErikaM27
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:12 PM

I dont know in 2004 I got married in Jan. I got them all over it was horrible. I ended up loosing my job because I couldn't work anymore. I wouldn't wish that pain on anyone. I had to go to the hospital once and I took antibiotics too. boils are contagious.

Here's what I found The mechanism that spreads a boil from person to person, and from one place to another on your skin, is the pus. Within this pus is the bacteria causing the boil, so when the pus spreads, so does the infection.

http://www.boilsinfo.com/contagious.html here's a helpful website

zachzmomma07
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:16 PM

if you get them persistanly I would see your doctor.  could just be blocked sweat glands my sister used to get them under her arms. or ingrown hairs. but if they keep coming back then the infection is probably still in your system and maybe need an antibotic. good luck. keep us updated. :)

GillyG
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:17 PM

I have them from time to time, but only one at the time. Most of the time they are just inflamed lymph nodes or glands. I get mine sporadically, however if you have them frequently I would think about seeing a doctor. The best thing I can think of to use on them is warm compresses followed by rubbing a little Ichthammol black drawing salve ointment on them. The salve will draw the soreness out and along with the compress may help it to go away faster.

La-Belle-Vie
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:42 PM

I had them for a while and finally went to see the doctor and found out I had MRSA. It might not be that but it may be something else.  I would highly recommend seeing a doctor asap PLUS I know how much they hurt!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)