• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 year old not eating....

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:25 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ok, so my strong willed DD for about the past week has only eaten one meal a day (and not that good of one)...she will eat oatmeal and gogurt for breakfast and then nothing else. Today she just had 3 of those mini pancakes and a gogurt and then refuses everything else I offer her (except sweets). Is this just a stage she is going through?? Has anyone else gone through this? I know that she will eat when she is hungry but I just worry that she is not eating even one good meal a day. Oh, and she wants to have milk all the time and I usually tell her after she eats so that that is not filling her up....should I just give it to her? I watched a Dr. Phil episode that said kids only control three things...what goes in, what comes out, and what they say.....SO TRUE!!

Any advise on this would be greatly appreciated...I am worried about her. I have made 2 of her favorite meals that usually never fail and she will not even touch them. HELP!

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mamakenzi
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:26 PM

I wouldn't force it, keep offering healthy meals and she will eat when she is hungry.

jackiewal10
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:27 PM

It's a toddler thing.  They all go through it.  I'm always amazed at how little a toddler can eat and still grow, function, etc.  She's fine.  I would however stop even offering anything sweet.  Have you tried bargaining with her.  "You can have a cookie if you take 2 bites of _____."

Lizzys_mommy13
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:39 PM

My friends daughter was doing this not long ago. She was cutting in her two year old molars and the doc said to just keep offering her meals and that she would eat when she was ready to. They offered her everything from junk food to healthy food, and if she did take any, it was usually only just a couple bites.

Proud Mommy to Elizabeth!

AudrasMommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:40 PM

I would say it's normal.  My DD went thru.  She's been thru all the stages it seems.  Her Dr. said it wouldn't hurt her to give her Pediasure.  But I would ask your dr. about that first.

ericacarlson
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 12:05 AM

My son went through this too, so I think it is just a stage. I told my Dr. and he told me to just put my son on the Enfamil Poly Vi Sol vitamins because it would give him all of the nutrients he needed for the day.They smell horrible and probably taste horrible too, so I add them to my son's dilluted juice and he takes them just fine. Just offer healthy meals and let her eat when she wants to, she won't starve herself :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)