Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Terrible Twos..Or something more??

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:12 PM
  • 3 Replies

My daughter turned two is September, up until a few months ago..she was a great kid to have around. My family has been through a lot in the past year, my husband and I seperated, but maintained a relationship and were trying to reconcile. About 3 months ago, my husband decided that he wanted to start over..and moved 3000 miles away across country to Washington state to live with his brother and his family.

My daughter and I have had to move into my fathers house because my husband has not helped at all financially and I can not make it on my own. Over the past 2 months, my daughter has become very hard to deal with. She doesn't listen to anything I say..I feel like she has no respect for me at all. When she goes to her grandparents, or her aunts..she behaves wonderfully, but with me she is like a demon child. She doesn't take naps unless its in the car, and does not go to sleep before 11:30. I am at my wits end and feel like I am failing as a mother. She is a horror to even be around sometimes. I am planning on making an appointment with her pediatrician for some advice.

DI know that the past year has been rough on her. She is a very bright child, and I know that she does understand that her father left for the most part. Does anyone have an advice or comforting words...past experiences anything? Thanks!

~At my wits end!

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
zachzmomma07
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:21 PM

my son is 27 months old and he is awful sometimes as well. my sister lives with me with her 4 year old son, and we are going through the sharing phase. everything is his and he hits,bites,punches and yells. I am true to my time outs if i have to sit there and hold him for two mintues. He needs to know that it is unacceptable! You are not alone on there terrible twos and Im sure theres many many more moms. Maybe the thing with her dad is emotionally hurting her, im sure she understands to an extent that he isnt suddenly there anymore. :( I cant really offer advice other then tell you you are not alone. I had an iccident where my son ( which is rude to say ) embarrased the heck out of me infront of the allergist because the allergist was a complete dick ( sorry about the language ) & just made me feel uncomfortable to begin with. Good luck mama.

ErikaM27
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:44 PM

Yeah it's probably all the changes that are affecting her. Children express themselves like this I'm sure. my dh got a job out of state and I didn't even want to wake up in the morning because my 4 yr old just wore me out. He was horrible. I cried all the time. I set some rules down for him and explained them to him and he's been doing completely different he's changed so much. She's 2 but she's probably a very smart little girl and she knows how to push your buttons also I would set some rules down for her and tell her in a way she can understand and be consistent. Time outs and just explain to her what she's doing wrong. My son was the same way with all my family he was great once we got home from out of town it was back to the same habits. No one knew what I was talking about. Good luck.

RyansMommy6407
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:51 PM

BUMP

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)