Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Questions for those who have had wisdom teetn removed....

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:21 PM
  • 23 Replies

For those who have all 4 wisdom teeth out, I have a few questions.

1. When did the pain stop? [I know it's different for everyone, but I was just wondering!]

2. How long did it take your stitches to dissolve?

3. How long until you and your face felt "normal" again?

I got my teeth out of Thursday morning and it has been the longest 5 days of my life. I can feel my stitches and it's like having a permanent hair in your mouth. Also, my teeth feel weird. It's hard to describe but it's the front bottom ones. They don't hurt but it's so freaking annoying. Any help is appricated!

Nicole

Has your husband been in the military for 4 or more years?? Have you been right there with him the whole time??? If so, then this is your group!!! Come join experienced military wives from all over the world! You'll love it!!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/militarywives4more

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zachzmomma07
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:25 PM

I dont remember really its been so long but Im thinking maybe a week or so, as far as the weird feeling maybe theres something down in there? if your still feeling discomfort after 7 days id call the dentist and tell him something is wrong. :) I hated it, and im glad its over with!! LOL. You will be when its over with. Hope you heal soon momma :)

MissiHampt
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:27 PM

I only had pain for 3-4 days, and after the first 2 days it wasn't even bad enough to take the meds they gave me.  My stitches had to be removed, I didn't get dissolvable ones.  And my face felt normal, though a little swollen, by the next day. 

Missi....loving wife to Jason, mommy to Ricky (1-12-05), and soon to be mommy to Logan Douglas (due Feb 2010).  I'm a cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding till baby wants to quit, homeschooling, non-circumcising, anti-cry it out, part time working, animal loving, trashy romance novel reading, farm raised hillbilly.  I have had Meningitis and Swine Flu and lived to tell about it.  Any questions?

camy41075
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:27 PM

I was eating taco's the next day. My face was back to normal the next day I did not bruse and the swelling went away within a few days. The only issue I had was food was getting stuck in the hole. I had to take something and flush it out.

Hope u feel better

ncarver03
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:30 PM

UGGHHH I hate you ladies....LOL. I'm still hurting! It's crazy. Well I can feel that the doc cut the inside of my cheeck, I can feel it. But mainly it's my right side that's hurting, not my left. I have been taking antibiotics and brushing and rinsing with medicated mouth wash a lot. I just want to be back to normal again!

ncarver03
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:12 PM

BUMP!

WImom2
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:36 PM

OMG I only had 2 removed and it was awful. I had dry socket for no apparent reason and it took forever to feel normal again. I am so sorry you have to deal with this.

SKnack
by Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 10:14 AM

I got mine removed through an oral surgeon and NOT my dentist. I was not knocked out either, he gave me shots and a little bit of gas. He did a wonderful job. I took the pain meds for the 1st day (although I don't think I needed to it was more of a precaution). There was a lot of drooling at first due to my mouth being numb. On day 2 I think I took a little regular Tylenol (once again to be safe). My face was swollen for a couple of days and my mouth tasted really gross for a few days, it felt like there was a film on all of my teeth and tongue (even after brushing). The stitches did feel weird, but I think they dissolved and fell out in about a week (I can't remember it was about 6-7 years ago). I do remember I slept on my couch for a few days to make sure my head was propped up. I knew if I slept in my bed I would end up in a bad angle.

Did your Dentist remove yours or a surgeon. Most people I know of that had pain for an extended period of time went through their Dentist.

I would keep taking Tylenol/pain meds. If it still hurts a lot and your script ran out I would call to get a refill. I'm sure you will feel better in a few days.

heidi749
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 10:36 AM

OK . Well my experince with it was kind of bad I was 16 when I had to have them all taken out by a ortho sugeron due to my age a dentist would not touch them. I ended up in the hospital for a couple of days do to dehydration because the pain meds made me really sick. I remeber the pain was pretty bad for at least a week before I felt normal in the face. I was told to fill up plastic gloves with water and frezze them and put those against my face to help with the pain and swelling but I personally found the pain lessoned when I put warm clothes against my face rather then the ice.I really do not like cold thow. Try and use a salt water solution it may help to dissolve the stiches faster I am not to sure if it will help dissolve them better but I know that is what I was told to use instead of mouthwash for the first week after they took them all out. Good luck hope you feel better I feel your pain.

canthaveboys1
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 10:40 AM

I have not, just had one pulled. They want to cut out the rest and I dont want to do that. I feel for you. and EEWWW at hair in your mouth!

rbodany
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 10:43 AM

i hade my top to removed and it felt better as soon as he pulled them im sorry your having problems eat alot of ice thats what i did good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)