Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A little carseat input.

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:39 PM
  • 9 Replies

So I'm getting ready to get my 2 yr old a new carseat because his only harness up to 40lbs and he is at 35lbs now. I want to get one that he can still harness in. I cant really spend that much and was going to go with a Nautilus then I saw the Evenflo Generations seat witch also harness to 65lbs. Anyone have any advice about which one would be best. He is FF.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
La-Belle-Vie
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:41 PM

I will let one of the other ladies respond as I do not know that much about the Evenflo Generations but I invite you to join the Car Seat Safety Group! That group has so much info and recommendations for you! 

lundaylove
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:43 PM

From what ive heard its a very good alternative for those who do not have alot of money to spend.  There is also the Evenflo Maestro which i believe harnesses to 50lbs before boostering. It is like $75 at our Sears.

But if you go to the car seat safety group- they will know 100% if its for sure a good seat, but im pretty sure it is.

ARPsMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:11 PM

BUMP

erika_wright
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:20 PM

i hav a nautilus and i LOVE it. its a great seat for the price

swizzlefiz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:22 PM

We have a nautilus and my DD who is 6 years old, 45 inches and 44 lbs fits in it with room to grow.  Its a good seat :)

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jan. 26, 2010 at 11:19 AM

HONESTLY, if you wanted to wait out that 5 lbs, you may have even more options by then. It does take a while for toddlers to gain weight...

That being said, the Maestro is a great GET-YOU-BY seat. Harnesses to 50 lbs. But you do have a heavier 2 yo, so that would be a good backup seat for you. Yes, it's $75 at Sears.

The options avaiable to you now are the Apex 65, Generations, and Nautilus. If you can spring for it, the Nautilus is by far the best option. (And they're giving out a $20 GC at Target when you buy one right now)

I saw you already joined car seat safety though, you'll find reviews there. GL.

mommy0924
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 2:24 PM

my 3 year old is in the nautilus and i love it. its such a great carseat. and he only weighs about 39 lbs but he still has room to grow into it. i would reccomend it.

dosthepost
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 2:26 PM

I've heard good things about both, but I've only recently started hearing about the Generations. Personally, I've heard more good things about the Nautilus, so I would go with that.

xChasingxAmyx
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 2:26 PM

Quoting La-Belle-Vie:

I will let one of the other ladies respond as I do not know that much about the Evenflo Generations but I invite you to join the Car Seat Safety Group! That group has so much info and recommendations for you! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)