Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

4 year old son humping while looking a victoria secret mag. HELP, NEED ADVICE!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2010 at 12:20 PM
  • 64 Replies

Hey ya'll,

I need advice. Please help, anything helps. Tell me is this is normal.

Last night my husband found our 4 year son in his playroom humping the floor while looking at a victoria's secret swimsuit magazine. My son humps the floor ALOT. Normally I just tell him to stop. But  I have NEVER ever caught him doing it while looking at a girl. This worries me a little. Is this normal, where did he learn this from. Should I punish him? I really do not know what to do please help me. I am lost.

Has anyone experienced this with your kids? Should I be worried?

Open to any and all advice,

Thanks

by on Feb. 5, 2010 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by on Feb. 5, 2010 at 12:22 PM

do NOT punish him, it will give the message that what he is doing is wrong

ChazznRoccosmom
by on Feb. 5, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Wow, I don't know. So I'll BUMP ya. My middle boy use to hump me while he hugged my legs. I've made him stop, and he did just fine stopping.

Mom                  Dad              Chazz (7y)         Rocco (4y)         Joey (16m)

Breastfeeding, baby wearing, natural birthing, anti-abortion, SAHM who loves her tattoos, piercings, and hair dye

army_wife_06

Talk to him and see if he even knows what he is doing. Chances are he doesn't have a clue. I don't think there is much you can do for a 4 year old other then to tell him to stop. All he knows is that rubbing against the floor and touching himself feels good..that is normal.

Drakes_M0mmy

Um at 4?! 

I dont think its normal. I think you should try to keep the nakie lady mags. out of the house for a while and watch what you are watching infront of him. 4 seem a bit young. Its normal to touch him self. Just not while hes looking at a mag. at his age. 

Brianav
by on Feb. 5, 2010 at 12:25 PM

Quoting Drakes_M0mmy:

Um at 4?! 

I dont think its normal. I think you should try to keep the nakie lady mags. out of the house for a while and watch what you are watching infront of him. 4 seem a bit young. JMO

--♥--Briana--♥--

luvmymunchkin89
by on Feb. 5, 2010 at 12:25 PM

well you cant really tell a kid what he's doing is wrong, or they're going to think everything like that is wrong- where its definatly not, its normal as long as it's private. and i have to say i've never heard of a 4 year old enjoying a victoria's secret catalogue, but maybe he's curious about the differnt parts on a women compared to a man... talk to him, don't get him in trouble. lol my hubby says 'when he starts ordeing things out of the catalogue, thats when you get worried' lol... kids do all kinds of crazy stuff, your child isn't abnormal.

bluestarr80
by on Feb. 5, 2010 at 12:26 PM

I would not punish him. However I must say I would be worried if I caught my child doing that. Has he been exposed to movies or television shows with sexuality? Does he have an older sibling whom he saw this behavior from? Has he ever walked in on you and your DH? It sounds like he could be mimicking something he saw.

I would make sure all those kinds of magazines and catalogs are out his reach and when he rubs himself on the floor, that may be a good opportunity to talk about how special private areas are and what we do in private is not okay in public, etc.

in lovebaseballbaby boy

Steve & Sarah '01      Kyle '04            Zachary '09

swizzlefiz
by on Feb. 5, 2010 at 12:26 PM

The masturbating or humping is actually normal, as creepy as it seems.  And from what I've read(the little girl I watch does it so I did lots of research) you shouldn't tell them to stop or make them feel shame for doing it.  You should just tell them that they need to do that in private and they can either go to their room or the bathroom.  As far as the mag ... that is concerning to me.  I'd talk to his pedi for sure about that.

mommytoG
by on Feb. 5, 2010 at 12:27 PM

Maybe he saw something on TV that he shouldnt have, or maybe he peaked in on you and hubby while doing it.

DO NOT PUNISH him, he knows no better. I would however sit down with and talk to him and ask him why he is doing this. Be very caring and understanding as children can sense things ya know.

Also I think I would keep those magazine out his reach for awhile.

ashley22ky
by on Feb. 5, 2010 at 12:27 PM

Hmmm...I don't know. I have a 4 year old and he's never done anything like that. He does say he has girlfriends at school, but that's all. He's never humped anything....IDK, but I wouldn't punish him for it and I'm sure its nothing to worry about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)