Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help making a decision.... PLEASE help!!!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:29 AM
  • 4 Replies

Right now my sleeping situation with my DS, that is almost 3, goes a little like this... We do our bedtime routine, then he goes to sleep in his bed after trying to sneak into our room couple times. In the middle of the night, he crawls in with my DH and me multiple times. We never get good sleep because he does it so often. I make sure he goes straight back to his room and doesn't fall asleep in our bed because I don't want him to think it is ok one night and not the next. I am torn between just letting him stay when he crawls in or to keep taking him back in his room. I have been doing this for months and it doesn't seem to be helping for me to do it and frankly, I am tired. My DH doesn't mind if he stays in our bed because he falls asleep on his own, but we are having another baby in June and she will be in our room. I don't want her waking him up in the middle of the night when she cries and I want him to be independent when it comes to sleeping. On the other hand, I think it makes him feel more secure if he sleeps in our bed and I don't want him to be scared or uncomfortable. Any advice would be great!

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
PrincessMermaid
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:49 AM

my two youngest boys still sleep in our room. I tried the take them back for a couple of months. Sleep deprivation was making me cranky and irritable and exhausted all the next day. I finally gave in. Now they r slowly beginning to fall asleep in their own beds, so nature if you will or whatever is taking over. Anyways good luck. I would just let them especially if it is turning u into a tired mean person, like it was doing to me.

loomis6
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:12 AM

i coslept w/ all 4 of my kids.i love it.my 2 yr old sleeps w/ me now.when they turn about 3-4 they all pretty much went to their own beds.of course if me and dh want some ''alone''  time we move him when he is asleep or get it on in lr

leggomypreggo
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:17 AM

Quoting loomis6:

i coslept w/ all 4 of my kids.i love it.my 2 yr old sleeps w/ me now.when they turn about 3-4 they all pretty much went to their own beds.of course if me and dh want some ''alone''  time we move him when he is asleep or get it on in lr

This gives me hope!!!!

DeziiRee
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:20 AM

you could try getting a mattress or air mattress thats his size for your room so he has a bed in there, he is close to you and can see you but not in your bed. walmart has the kid air mattresses witht he sleeping bag attached, they arent bad priced either...our sons toddler bed is in our room, but he will sleep in his room but we are remodeling it right now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)