Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

side effects of getting a mirena removed?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:39 AM
  • 6 Replies

I am considering getting my Mirena IUD removed. I was wondering if anyone else has ahd this done and what kinds of side effects have you had as a result.

Thanks!

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
squidsmommy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:19 AM

The only side effect I had was my SEVERE cramping went away

redskins1
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:22 AM

I only had mine in for 4 months it was the worst thing I ever did having it put in! they removed it because of complications on my end! Sorry no help but I hated mine good luck getting it out, my period went back to normal and the removal was way easier than the insertion!

AudrasMommy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:09 AM

Um for me it hurt like hell coming out...but it did going in too.  But when I got it removed my period started to regulate, I wasn't bitchy, my cramps stopped and my weight actually started to fall off when I worked out.  But other than that, no side effects.

princezz051
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:22 AM

maybe a little spotting and no more hormone headaches..those were my only s/e's (I had mine in for 2.5 years)

momof3girls6
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:25 AM

i have had it, and i didn't have any bad side effects. just some minimal cramping. but just so you know 2 months after getting it removed i was pregnant with twins, so it might have contributed to my extreme fertility.

KaseyHickman
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:36 AM

My Mirena hurt a lot and I had mine removed because my skin actually grew over my string. I had no problems having it come out. I had maybe a few hours of cramping and then it was over. I did not hurt when I had sex anymore and I actually started having a period again! It was the best decision!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)