Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Viral Cold, HELP ME!!!! HE WAS UP ALL NIGHT COUGHING.

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:18 AM
  • 6 Replies

Ok, so I picked my son up today from his father, and sure enough, he's sick. No fever, just really deep coughing, and a lot of mucus. i've given him the kids mucinex, and a little bit of nyquil to help him sleep, but he still coughed his head off.. I dunno what else to do please help me i feel so bad for him...oh and BTW he is 5, if there are any medical advice.

P.S. His father does not have medical insurance on him, which pisses me off..(his father has custody of him)

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
extremecheer
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:20 AM

im going through the same thing with my kids. They both have this horrible cough and i have been doing the tylonol cold and cough medicine but thats not working. so i guess we will be making a trip to the doctors!

LindaButler0507
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:22 AM

I cant even take my son to the damn doctor*cries*... If i had the money to take him then i would..

TheSimi
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 7:47 AM

Okay i know this sounds insane, but i read about it in Natural Health Magazine and i tried it out on my neice.  It worked for her i swear and i did try it on myself once and it worked for me as well.....   Take some Vicks Vapor rub and rub it on the bottoms of their feet and put a pair of warm socks on them!    Like i said i know it sounds crazy, but it did work for us, maybe it could work for you ladies as well!!!

blythe99rmwc
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 8:38 AM

We have the viral cold as well here as well. My middle child has had it for a week, my oldest just started yesterday. My husband and I both have it as well.

I tried this and it seems to be helping them at night....a humidifier with eucalyptus oil straight into the tank. 

Also the Triaminic Cough and Cold strips seem to be helping as well. 

Hugs, it is a tough virus. One was home last week for me so I am sure the other one will be home this week. I think this is one you just have to wait it out til the end. 

liss7208
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 9:01 AM

Quoting blythe99rmwc:

We have the viral cold as well here as well. My middle child has had it for a week, my oldest just started yesterday. My husband and I both have it as well.

I tried this and it seems to be helping them at night....a humidifier with eucalyptus oil straight into the tank. 

Also the Triaminic Cough and Cold strips seem to be helping as well. 

Hugs, it is a tough virus. One was home last week for me so I am sure the other one will be home this week. I think this is one you just have to wait it out til the end. 

same here, my dd is five with the same thing and those are the only thing that give her any relief.

jennypinfargo
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 9:11 AM

Ok I have never tried this because I swear my family never gets sick (knock on wood) but I know a few people that swear by this!! Totally worth a try!

Quoting TheSimi:

Okay i know this sounds insane, but i read about it in Natural Health Magazine and i tried it out on my neice.  It worked for her i swear and i did try it on myself once and it worked for me as well.....   Take some Vicks Vapor rub and rub it on the bottoms of their feet and put a pair of warm socks on them!    Like i said i know it sounds crazy, but it did work for us, maybe it could work for you ladies as well!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)