Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help hate cookin cause hubby and kids are so picky

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:50 AM
  • 4 Replies

My kids and husband are very picky. Im so tired of cookin the same things i try something new and they complain. I just make what i feel like cookin and its stuff they like but they still complain. Its got to the point i told them to go buy dinner and he has. Im at my wits end. What would u do. I hate dinner time to come

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
BaileynMe
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:58 AM

Have them help! I don't know how old they are, but maybe they can even plan their own menu. 

kristielee79
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:01 PM

Same in my house. I usuallly end up making the same things, and don't forget that you make 3 different things for each meal..............I try to just change something they do like up a bit (if they like cheesesteaks, make them cheesesteak salads, or if they like chicken breasts, make chicken salads). Variations of what they DO like might work :)

Wyndi
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:00 PM

My family tried that and I told them eat what I serve or start fixing dinner. so now they eat what I fix regardless if they like it or not.

Also with Spring not to far away, start a garden with your kids, let them pick out 1 veggie plant with the knowledge that what it grows they have to eat. My kids have chosen egg plant, bell peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, pumpkin, jalapeno, and watermelon in the past. so far the only think not liked was bell peppers (just my son).

My2Pumpkins
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:04 PM

I notice with my family that we all pretty much like the same meals just not the same ingredients. The only thing I change in my cooking is I'll add certain ingredients like onions or tomatoes to half of the food that way everyone is happy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)