Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddler bed help!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:53 PM
  • 5 Replies

So my 19 month old daughter just learned how to climb out of her crib. She has been sleeping in bed with me and my husband the past week. But she will not stay in the bed by herself. How do you go about teaching a toddler to stay in bed?

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
navywifey2006
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:10 PM

when she gets up just take her back to her bed, dont talk or anything, or you could sit by her door and if she gets up put her back in bed or tell her to get back in bed

lundaylove
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:10 PM

when my girls were moved to a toddler bed we took everything out of their room except for their beds and shut the door. they could get out of bed and play together but they had no toys, nothing to climb on and they couldnt get out. it was not fun for them, so they'd sleep. It took about 2 days and since then they go to bed with no issues.

navywifey2006
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:16 PM

that is an awesome idea! ill have to remember that

Quoting lundaylove:

when my girls were moved to a toddler bed we took everything out of their room except for their beds and shut the door. they could get out of bed and play together but they had no toys, nothing to climb on and they couldnt get out. it was not fun for them, so they'd sleep. It took about 2 days and since then they go to bed with no issues.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Makenzies_mom
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:24 PM

my daughter is still in a crib and i when she goes to bed i tell her go to bed and shes does but i am fixing to move her to a twin bed and doubt it will be as easy as her crib lol . i plan to put a baby gate up infront of her door and and put soft toys in her room lol so she cant hurt her self. good luck

MOMby19
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:26 PM

Quoting navywifey2006:

when she gets up just take her back to her bed, dont talk or anything, or you could sit by her door and if she gets up put her back in bed or tell her to get back in bed

we did this. we also sat in the room by ds's bed cuz he didn't like his bed much. he'd get scared at night.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)