Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how can you tell? TMI

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:19 PM
  • 11 Replies

Im 33 weeks pregnant, when I sit down to go to the bathroom I leak then pee, then leak some more. This is the only time it is happening, I am going to the bathroom every 5-10 min though. Could this just be pee leaking or maybe my water is slowly leaking? How do you know? With my other 2 the dr. broke my water.

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hailnbray
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:21 PM

9 times out of 10 its just water but the only way to really tell is the dr. ur water shouldnt leak before giving birth.

seth.ethan225
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Quoting hailnbray:

9 times out of 10 its just water but the only way to really tell is the dr. ur water shouldnt leak before giving birth.

So it is nothing?

lexismum03
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:31 PM

it could be the baby is laying at an odd position on your bladder so its a little harder to to go pee...lol I hated it when my dd would do that. but if you are concerned call your doctor or let them know at your next apt. If you call chances are they will want you to go to labor and delivery to be checked. they have a lil piece of paper that detects amniotic fluid. you could have a pin hole.

hailnbray
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:31 PM

odds are its just pee but if u feel less movement i would have the dr check. some people could leak, its not unheard of but if u leak u have a dry birth and that could cause issues. the dr would check ur fluid and if its leaking induce u. if the baby seems to move the normal amount, ur not in pain or anything then its pee

Quoting seth.ethan225:

Quoting hailnbray:

So it is nothing?

My daughter has autism but she can laugh, cry, and love just like yours. she may never dress herself but she can go to college and become a dr.  she may never make friends her own age but shes my friend for life. and please if u ever get the chance to meet my daughter, stop looking at her like shes a brat, she cant help her stairs or attitudes u can help urs. get to close u might get bit but it wont give u autism. do yourself a favor look it up. 

YoungMommy62206
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:32 PM

At 33 weeks I would suggest going in to be seen to make sure your water isn't broke.  If it is you will be admitted and possibly need to be delvered if you get infected in your uterus from being ruptured.  Let me know if you have any questions.

shoegirl01
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Can you call the advice nurse at your doc office?  You shold proabally go to get it checked out, just to be sure....

abc04789f
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:52 PM

i would go to see your dr.

bellaamore
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:00 PM

I would call my OB/GYN if I were you.  Just ask discretely what they think.. They may give you an answer right away, r want you to come in.. no one here can really answer this, as it is YOUR body.

happyVTmommy20
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:03 PM

I ended up in the hospital at 32.5 weeks for my water leaking, but it didn't happen like that. My underwear wet and I  would just be a bit wet and then I would put a pad on and next time I checked it, it would be newly wet again. If you are unsure you need to go to the doctors to get tested to see if it is your water leaking. Just be careful and ask for 2 different tests to be done. I went to my doctor 2 days before I ended up in the hospital and they did 1 test and came up negative. I was just told it is discharge. It got worse and worse over the next 2 days and I of course got more worried so I called the doctor on call and he told me to come in. He did the test that they did on my 2 days prior and a different one and they both came out positive. After that, I heard that the test they originally gave me can have false negatives.

I wouldn't even wait for the weekend to be over with to call your doctor, call whoever is on call or just go to the hospital to get checked. The longer you wait and it does happen to be your water leaking then the longer you could be walking around giving yourself and/or your unborn baby an infection. It's not fun, but you need to get checked. I was then sent via ambulance to a larger hospital an hour away where they have a NICU and I was hooked up to an IV with all sorts of medicine to help prevent any infection. I gave birth a week and a half early and I am so glad that I went with my gut and insisted that I get tested again.

Kiki7808
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:07 PM

with my dd my water was leaking out kinda like how u said but it would leak even while i was walking around and stuff we went it and the fluid was low so they induced. it wouldnt hurt to call and ask or go in so they can check...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)