Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husband partying across town?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:59 PM
  • 76 Replies

My husband and I have been married for 4 years and have a 6 year old son and we are in our mid/late 20's. Now I've never been a jealous person, and have never had a reason never to trust my husband and for some reason this is bothering the hell out of me.

He has a friend whom is in his unit (military) who recently turned 21 and him and some buddies wants to take him out to a few bars and possibly "get him laid" because he "isnt too good with the ladies". So they want to drive  2 hours away to a bigger town and get a hotel for the night. I don't like the idea of him going away for the weekend and dont understand why there "dd" who is on anti seisure meds who can not drink, can't drive back home when they leave the bar scene.

How would you feel if this was your husband? I feel like I may be over reacting but in the same sense don't feel it is appropriate. Your thoughts? :(

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-xoxo-
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:02 PM

I read this to my dh (I hope you don't mind) and even he said that that isn't right. Hanging out with friends is one thing but sleep overs in a hotel seems wrong, especially if their main objective is to get their friend laid. 

tanya_marieh
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:03 PM

It wouldn't bother me but I know that the guys do that when the boat docks in some of the bigger cities.  I don't know how I would feel if he did that while being home (or a couple hours away.).

Larue09
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:07 PM

I don't think I would ever feel comfortable in this situation. It's one thing to go out with your friends, but staying at a hotel is not needed. You should tell your DH how you are feeling about this, otherwise you will spend the whole night worrying. Also- if they are getting one room, where do they intend to get their friend'laid'?

ArmyWifey4907
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:09 PM

My DH wouldn't even ask if he could do that, he knows better.  Something about it just doesn't seem right, especially since the main purpose of the weekend is to get his friend laid.  They're OBVIOUSLY going to be interacting with different women, more than likely the "slutty" women who are okay with one night stands, the kind of women who have no morals and don't care. 

I definitely would not be okay with it.

expecting girl          its a girl          toddler boy

pregnancy

Afwife52606
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:10 PM

Quoting -xoxo-:

I read this to my dh (I hope you don't mind) and even he said that that isn't right. Hanging out with friends is one thing but sleep overs in a hotel seems wrong, especially if their main objective is to get their friend laid. 

Yep

LuckieLadie
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Well in his defence it does sound like a special event. I trust my husband so i would propbably let him go, but then again my hubby never does stuff like that so maybe thats why i trust him LOL.

Seriously tho if this is something that is rare then its probably harmless, they probably plan on drinking until the wee hours of the morning and don't want a long car trip waiting for them after the fun y'know? You should talk to him about your concerns and how you expect him to behave though.

Simply100withit
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Sorry that you are going through emotions like this. I would be happy to only give my opinion as a single woman, and experience I had. If you are interested get back to me.

bellaamore
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:25 PM

I would let my man go.. I am not his mama.  He is a big boy and knows right from wrong.  If he messes up, we will deal with it then.

annie2244
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:32 PM

Quoting -xoxo-:

completely agree. grow up hubby!

bxmom2580
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:38 PM

A MARRIED MAN HAS NO BUSINESS GOING AWAY TO A HOTEL FOR THE WEEKEND TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT WITH HIS BUDDIES, I'M PRETTY DAMN SURE HE WOULDNT ACCEPT IT FROM YOU HAD THE SHOE BEEN ON THE OTHER FOOT

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)