Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone who uses the Mirena

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:03 PM
  • 6 Replies

I had the mirena put in with my last baby and i'm getting to where i want to get it taken out. I got it put in Oct. 2009, I'm bleeding about 3 weeks out of the month, cramping, nausea..has anyone who's had it had any problems and what are your symptoms?

Mommy to Cazen, Cannon, Cutler, & Creed

Wife to Joey of 6 years..Feb.14,2004

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LissaJ83
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 2:56 AM

I have it but I am getting it taken out soon. I have never had any of those problems. But if you google mirena side effects there are plenty of websites that will provide that information.

lovinmykiddo07
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 2:58 AM

I havent had the Mirena but I have the other one (the Paraguard) & I've had no problems with it. If you smoke I highly suggest you give the Paraguard a try. There is no hormones so it cuts out the risk of blood clots (I got them from my BC & almost died), heart attack, and stroke.

ben127
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 3:04 AM

i didn't have the bleeding but i had: migraines, hairloss, EXTREME moodiness (to where my husband had no idea who i was), i didn't gain weight but i couldn't LOOSE it, NO energy, and all of the pregnancy symptoms there are. i had mine taken out after 9 or so months of having it in and the day after i felt amazing. i was rearranging my whole house, i didn't snap once, and it was like my eyes opened up. i will never go back onto it again. and my husband and i are now doing natural family planning until we both get fixed. lol.

pinkguitar87
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 3:08 AM

Same here!!! Except I gained about 30+ lbs... Worst thing ever... I would def get it out!!! You will feel way better!!! GL!!! :D

Quoting ben127:

i didn't have the bleeding but i had: migraines, hairloss, EXTREME moodiness (to where my husband had no idea who i was), i didn't gain weight but i couldn't LOOSE it, NO energy, and all of the pregnancy symptoms there are. i had mine taken out after 9 or so months of having it in and the day after i felt amazing. i was rearranging my whole house, i didn't snap once, and it was like my eyes opened up. i will never go back onto it again. and my husband and i are now doing natural family planning until we both get fixed. lol.

Angelbaby08
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 11:50 AM

My experience has been MUCH better than those above! I had it put it after my daughter which was 2 years ago. It was uncomfortable when they put it in, but not painful. The first 3-4 weeks I had spotting and a little crampy. After that though, no cramping, RARELY ANY BLEEDING, maybe spot once every 4 months, no period, no headaches, no moodiness at all, no bloating or weight gain! So, I LOVE it and will keep it in until we wanna try for baby number two but I will definitely be getting another one in after that baby as well!! I would recommend this to anyone, I forget that it's even there!! The string is soft now so my hubby can't feel it and he loves not having to worry if I took the pill or have to go to the doc's every 3 months for a shot!

Hope I helped!

~Heather~

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

bmw29
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2010 at 11:53 AM

I'm on my second Mirena. I have had it a total of 7yrs and have not had ANY problems at all. For me it has been the greatest form of BC I have ever tried.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)