Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

11 month old vomiting...need advice?

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 6:35 PM
  • 8 Replies

My almost 11 month old DD threw up 5 times today from about 7am-1230pm. She threw up her breakfast and cereal this morning but has had 6oz pedialyte since about 2 and it's now 6:30. She has no fever, no diarrhea and hasn't thrown up in 6 hours. Should I start her back on formula or keep giving her pedialyte?? I didn't call the doc since she had no fever, stopped vomiting and was able to keep the pedialyte down and has been playing and acting fine now. I'm just afraid to give her formula and make her tummy upset again.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mamakenzi
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 6:37 PM

I would try giving her some formula.  Give her a couple of oz and see if she keeps it down, wait 30 - 45 minutes, if no vomitting give a couple more oz.  Follow her lead, if she doesn't want it don't force it.

Army_Wife41
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 6:38 PM

I agree with the PP.

moodygremlin
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 6:39 PM

Quoting mamakenzi:

I would try giving her some formula.  Give her a couple of oz and see if she keeps it down, wait 30 - 45 minutes, if no vomitting give a couple more oz.  Follow her lead, if she doesn't want it don't force it.

I agree.  if she's unable to keep the formula down tonight i'd call the doc in the morning.

Kate613
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Quoting moodygremlin:

Quoting mamakenzi:

I agree.  if she's unable to keep the formula down tonight i'd call the doc in the morning.

Okay, thanks! She is my first baby so this my first experience with a sick baby :(....she's only had some mild colds and has never had a fever yet.

mamakenzi
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Some people never run fevers, I don't.  If she starts vomitting again or has any other symptoms you shoulds take her in.  Last Thursday my DD has a 24 hour stomach bug.  She puked from midnight to 7:30 am and has been perfectly fine every since. 

Quoting Kate613:

Quoting moodygremlin:

Quoting mamakenzi:

Okay, thanks! She is my first baby so this my first experience with a sick baby :(....she's only had some mild colds and has never had a fever yet.

Kenzie

Check out my blog: http://macklanddiares.blogspot.com

Join us on Advice for Moms -- Group Mod

moodygremlin
by on Feb. 23, 2010 at 2:42 PM

hey!

how is your little one doing today?  i hope she is feeling better  :)

Kate613
by on Feb. 23, 2010 at 4:14 PM

Quoting Kate613:

My almost 11 month old DD threw up 5 times today from about 7am-1230pm. She threw up her breakfast and cereal this morning but has had 6oz pedialyte since about 2 and it's now 6:30. She has no fever, no diarrhea and hasn't thrown up in 6 hours. Should I start her back on formula or keep giving her pedialyte?? I didn't call the doc since she had no fever, stopped vomiting and was able to keep the pedialyte down and has been playing and acting fine now. I'm just afraid to give her formula and make her tummy upset again.

She's doing much better...just taking a lot of naps. But has had some baby food, pedialyte, and formula and hasn't gotten sick. She just seems worn out today.

moodygremlin
by on Feb. 23, 2010 at 6:05 PM

i'm glad she's doing better. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)