Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Why does he argue with me and then pretend he did nothing wrong when I get mad?

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2010 at 11:49 AM
  • 20 Replies

My Dh, that is. I don't know WHY he wants to argue with me all the time and then when *I* get mad, he wants to pretend like its all my problem and he did nothing wrong.

Here's a scenario from last night:

Me - "We need to go cash our tax refund check somewhere tomorrow, Walmart cashes them for like $10 each"

Him - "No I saw a commercial it wasn't Walmart it was somewhere else"

Me - "Its Walmart, I was in there the other day and I saw the place and the sign that says $3 for checks up to $1000 and $6 for checks up to $2000"

Him - "NO I am sure its not Walmart I saw a place on tv that cashes them for $3"

Me - "YES it was Walmart, I saw the same commercial you're talking about!"

Him - "NO its a different place!"

And I could go on and on and on. He always has to be right, even if he is dead wrong. And then wants to act like he didn't start an argument when I finally blow up and get mad, then he wants to call me "loud," which of course pisses me off even more at that point.

What would you do?

by on Feb. 23, 2010 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleymosq
by on Feb. 23, 2010 at 11:51 AM

Well sounds like he likes doing these things to you. Next just say ok sweetheart you are right, but before we go do that I need to check something out at walmart anyways and then show him the sign. Sounds like he need proof that he is wrong.

SmilesDisco
by on Feb. 23, 2010 at 11:51 AM

i have the same problem. cant help ya, but if you get a good answer i would love to know.

SarahFire82
by on Feb. 23, 2010 at 11:52 AM

yeah I think he does. I finally just give in and tell him he is right even though I know he is wrong.

Quoting ashleymosq:

Well sounds like he likes doing these things to you. Next just say ok sweetheart you are right, but before we go do that I need to check something out at walmart anyways and then show him the sign. Sounds like he need proof that he is wrong.

dosthepost
by on Feb. 23, 2010 at 11:52 AM

Because he has a penis. 

SarahFire82
by on Feb. 23, 2010 at 11:53 AM

Yes yes and double yes! hahaha. Men are so stupid.

Quoting dosthepost:

Because he has a penis. 

mom2mandjax
by on Feb. 23, 2010 at 11:54 AM

rolling on floor

Quoting dosthepost:

Because he has a penis. 

The extent of American ignorance continues to amaze me

dosthepost
by on Feb. 23, 2010 at 11:56 AM

They're not stupid, LOL. Just pig headed, and they can be jerks. My husband doesn't do THAT, but he does say stupid things to me and then get mad when I get mad... which drives me NUTS. But I love him :) so I deal with it. He deals with my bitchitude most of the time (I'm a country girl, we're not the nicey nice that people think women should be), so it's a small thing. 

I agree with someone else, though. Just tell him you need to make a pit stop at walmart and cash it while you're in there... then toss him the cash when you get back in the car and don't say a word. LOL.

Quoting SarahFire82:

Quoting dosthepost:

Because he has a penis. 

pregnant

CafeMom Tickers

My2Pumpkins
by on Feb. 23, 2010 at 11:57 AM

It's a man thing.. it usually takes a lot for a man to admit they are wrong.

~ Sherlyn ~ Proud Air Force Wife and Mommy to 2 Girls

SarahFire82
by on Feb. 23, 2010 at 11:59 AM

I like that - "bitchitude" I think I have one of these too, lol!

he never goes anywhere with me so that won't work and both our names are on the check so I think we both have to be there to cash it. Or do we both just have to sign it? I dont know last year it was direct deposited into our bank acct but we dont have one anymore.

Quoting dosthepost:

They're not stupid, LOL. Just pig headed, and they can be jerks. My husband doesn't do THAT, but he does say stupid things to me and then get mad when I get mad... which drives me NUTS. But I love him :) so I deal with it. He deals with my bitchitude most of the time (I'm a country girl, we're not the nicey nice that people think women should be), so it's a small thing. 

I agree with someone else, though. Just tell him you need to make a pit stop at walmart and cash it while you're in there... then toss him the cash when you get back in the car and don't say a word. LOL.

Quoting SarahFire82:

Quoting dosthepost:

Because he has a penis. 

Armymom134
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2010 at 12:07 PM

Quoting dosthepost:

Because he has a penis. 

LOL. I never tell DH he is right when I know I'm right. I just say, I guess we'll see, or the one he hates the most "whatever".  That word drives him nuts. And then I just walk away and tell him I'm done arguing with him. Like a PP said it sounds like he likes doing this to you, so when he starts an argument disengage from him and your converstation. Don't allow it to even come to an argument. I learned this one a while ago, and it drives DH nuts when I won't talk to him about whatever he thinks he's right about. He usually keeps trying to point out why he's right but I just ignore him. This way in the end you save yourself the energy of getting mad and you haven't conceded to him that he is right when you know he's wrong. I refuse to tell DH he is right when I know he is dead wrong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)