Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

girls weekend coming up, I need snack ideas

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2010 at 9:12 PM
  • 4 Replies

So this Thursday I leave for a girls weekend.  I'm in charge of snacks.  We have a 6 hour drive.  Basically we shop, eat out, drink and play cards.  So really I guess I need ideas for when we're playing cards.  The only thing I can come up with is rice krispy treats with chocolate. 

by on Feb. 28, 2010 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Gabeys_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Girl scout cookies. Yum.

La-Belle-Vie
by on Feb. 28, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Popcorn, peanuts, chex mix, cheese and meat tray, cheese and grapes, pretzels

norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2010 at 9:19 PM

I love these, you can make them up ahead of time and just bake them when you get to where your going. (if you end up at someones house).  Go get some wan tan wrappers and stick them in mini muffin pan and spray them with pam. Then bake them crispy.  Then stuff with a filling of shredded mozzarella cheese, spinach, bacon and some mayo to hold it together.  Then bake them until bubbly. they are really delicious!

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is also a government big enough to take from you all that you have." - Gerald Ford

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety  deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.  We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream.  It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."  - Ronald Reagan

rosebud727
by on Feb. 28, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Get some cookie dough, and bake them up if you have an oven. If not, the best cookies you can find, candy, like Dove or just bags of your favorite, chips, and dip, there are great ready made dips in the stores that you can serve with crackers or breads. The possiblities are endless.

You can make this a WOW! kinda thing or a Yay we have treats kinda thing...it just depends on how much time, money and energy you want to expend.

Whatever you do...have a great time!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured