Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is an easy healthy breakfast for a 1 year old?

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:27 AM
  • 28 Replies

My daughter will be one and she decided yesterday she was done with formula. So now I am wondering what to do for breakfast since I just have a bowl of cereal. What would you suggest? Also, she saw the dentist yesterday and said that milk and juice are not good for her teeth. So do I just have her drink water all day with her meals? Thanks!

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tashamyork
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:31 AM

oatmeal!

kiddiecare05
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:33 AM

I would break up a whole grain waffle into little pieces. That was the first thing my son would touch! As far as milk and juice go I would cut down, but not altogether. Just make sure to brush her teeth once-twice per day.

Crissy2424
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:39 AM

Those are great ideas! We are starting weight watchers for hubby and I. We got frozen whole grain waffles. I like to have oatmeal and that would work for my daughter as well. Thanks guys!

heidi749
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:45 AM

Oatmeal, fruits, yogurt ,eggs,cherrios. Give her milk she needs it water down the juice & try & make sure it 100% pure fruit juce. I put my son on homogined milk when he went off his formula. With my son I just do not give him juice after 4 pm & no milk after 7 pm  then his teeth are brushed before bed if he is thirsty then he has water. He has no cavaties and is almost 5. Good Luck.

Mishel73
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:51 AM

My DD eats a whole grain waffle and a banana.  Oatmeal is good too.  If she is still hungry, I give her yogurt.  She drinks a cup of milk in the am and pm and just water throughout the day.  We are lucky enough, she wants nothing to do with juice.  Maybe just keep watering down the juice more and more until it's all water...that's if she won't drink just water. 

wife.and.mommy
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:58 AM

i have a question... has she EVER eaten solid foods before... from the way you are phrasing this, it seems she was ONLY on formula.

DelilahsMom4108
by Jeni on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:03 AM

Quoting wife.and.mommy:

i have a question... has she EVER eaten solid foods before... from the way you are phrasing this, it seems she was ONLY on formula.

I was wondering the same thing... if she has never had solids before I suggest things that are easily dissolvable such as puffs, rice cakes, crackers or pieces of banana.... if she has eaten solids before than it opens your options.... my kids are almost 1 and almost 2 they LOVE to eat fruit snacks, cereal bars filled with fruit, apple slices (pealed) and cheerios.

dreamer_8291
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:10 AM

DD eats all different things for breakfast between home and daycare. She'll eat cereal, cereal bar, pancakes, waffles, pop tart, toast, bagel, English muffin, eggs, hash browns, etc.

As far as milk and juice, she has at least 2 sippy cups of milk per day, and either just water, or juice which I water down ALOT! If she has juice it's usually just a quarter juice and the rest water. She hasn't seen the dentist yet (she'll be 18m on Sunday). I will be asking her doc at her check up when to go to the dentist.

ariannasmom114
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:13 AM

my dd loves oatmeal with soe fruit in it it's simple filling and healthly as hell

dosthepost
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:35 AM

My daughter likes Nutrigrain bars, but I also have to give her some cereal with it b/c it doesn't fill her up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)