Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

After puking...

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:52 PM
  • 17 Replies

Well, my son woke up in the middle of the night lastnight puking! He puked a ton of times and I started giving him water!  Around 6:30 was the last time he threw up! What can he eat for dinner after this lastnight?? He has been eating crackers & drinking coke.. Should I make a pot of chicken noodle soup?

wedding planning

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dosthepost
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Soup is good, anything really that he can keep down... Just skip harsh ingredients and go as natural and mild as possible. Also, gatorade to balance his electrolytes will keep him from dehydrating.

loomis6
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:54 PM

sounds like a good idea something easy on tummy.that or rice plain rice

jackiewal10
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:57 PM

Soup is ok.  Plain pasta with maybe a tiny bit of butter.  Cereal, oatmeal, plain scrambled eggs.  Things that are easy on the tummy and aren't real rich.

BaileynMe
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:59 PM

Chicken noodle soup would probably be ok, and you can always stick to the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, apples(auce), toast) since it's all mild enough for sensitive tummies. 

2girlsMom.MN
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:16 PM

He doesn't need to eat anything...

He needs to keep hydrated, a sip or two every 15-20min. no more than that or it will come right back out. After he can handle that for awhile you just keep offering more. Coke is good for a upset tummy but it's not good for keeping someone hydrated I'd try water, juice, gatorade just not milk and not coke.

Stay away from ALL dairy for a few days.

Then try and give him crackers, bread, toast, rice, noodles anything starchy and easy on the tummy. Bananas, Applesauce work too.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
xChasingxAmyx
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:32 PM

Why is he drinking coke?

xChasingxAmyx
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Quoting 2girlsMom.MN:

He needs to keep hydrated, a sip or two every 15-20min. no more than that or it will come right back out. After he can handle that for awhile you just keep offering more. Coke is good for a upset tummy but it's not good for keeping someone hydrated I'd try water, juice, gatorade just not milk and not coke.

Then try and give him crackers, bread, toast, rice, noodles anything starchy and easy on the tummy. Bananas, Applesauce work too.

dosthepost
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:47 PM

Personally, when I'm sick I have to at least TRY to have something (soup, anything but beverages) in my tummy or it upsets MORE.

Quoting xChasingxAmyx:

Quoting 2girlsMom.MN:

pregnant

CafeMom Tickers

mommyflyes
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 7:45 PM

brats diet.

bananas rice applesauce toast and sports drinks to hydrate him.

no coke, it has caffeiene.  he needs to be hydrated. if he likes soda give him ginger ale or sprite.

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:29 PM

I like ginger ale for setting the stomach also. I'd try some broth only and see if he can keep that down. And if he can, then go to chicken soup. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)