Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do when bored?

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 5:59 PM
  • 23 Replies

Whenever DH is home, he wants to go out and do things with DD and I. The problem is, our budget is fairly restricted, and it's still cold here in CO (though we've had some nice 50+ degree days lately) so not much in the way of outdoor activities is available at the moment. 

So what do you do to bust boredom with your SO and kids? 

I also spend a lot of time home alone with DD because DH is a flight attendant and I'm a SAHM. DD is two.

What do you do with your kids? 

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:11 PM

When I'm bored I play computer games. When others in my family and I are bored, we go for walks or watch movies.

BaileynMe
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Quoting Bmat:

When I'm bored I play computer games. When others in my family and I are bored, we go for walks or watch movies.

DD LOVES movies, but I try to limit her tv time BECAUSE she loves them so much. Plus, I can only stand watching her movies so many times before they get old. :-)

It's still too cold most of the time for walks, though we have been to the park down the street and walked to McDonald's as well on the few nice days we've had. 

BaileynMe
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 7:20 PM

Any other takers? :-)

manzano89
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 7:31 PM

We sometimes do some cheapy arts & crafts projects, watch movies, read lots and lots of books.  And to tell the truth, sometimes just nothing interesting comes to mind and we just watch tv mindlessly. 

mommyflyes
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 7:32 PM

wii fit!  the best winter toy ever

mommyflyes
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 7:33 PM

but if you don't have one i say get together with some people who have a child your age.  you guys can go to the mall play areas.  book readings at the library, join the local ymca. 

mommyflyes
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 7:34 PM

also, our local chick fil a has events every week.  they have music and crafts for the kids. it can be a lot of fun.

dosthepost
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:05 PM

With my kid, we play games... she loves David Cook, so if I turn David Cook on we can sing and dance together. She likes to watch just a little bit of TV (all of 2 shows keeps her attention)... she likes to color, paint (messy), and she plays with the dogs. Reading books, etc... I mean there's soo much... and when the weather is nice we go to the park. 

When she sleeps and I'm bored, I write. I write a lot. 

BaileynMe
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Quoting mommyflyes:

also, our local chick fil a has events every week.  they have music and crafts for the kids. it can be a lot of fun.

I forgot about that! Ours does too! 

BaileynMe
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:24 PM

Quoting dosthepost:

With my kid, we play games... she loves David Cook, so if I turn David Cook on we can sing and dance together. She likes to watch just a little bit of TV (all of 2 shows keeps her attention)... she likes to color, paint (messy), and she plays with the dogs. Reading books, etc... I mean there's soo much... and when the weather is nice we go to the park. 

When she sleeps and I'm bored, I write. I write a lot. 

Who is David Cook? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)